Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: Do You Cook?

Post Thanks / Like

Do You Cook?

I really like to cook! It is my latest hobby. My hubby is truly enjoying my homecooked meals and so am I! Many times, my hubby makes special requests and I get joy in making his wish come true. I take great pride in my "rediscovered and improved" cooking skills and the compliments I receive from my hubby.

Here's our dinner menu for today:

eye of round steak
    mashed potatoes w/brown gravy
    seasoned sweet peas
    mashed sweet potatoes
    Texas toast w/real garlic aka garlic toast
    cranberry juice/cherry vanilla Pepsi

Do you enjoy cooking and what have you cooked recently?

Post Thanks / Like
    I love to cook but I live alone and I eat leftovers for days when I do cook. Your meal sounds great! I really love sweets so they are my favorite to cook. I made a baked macaroni and meatball casserole last night and it is huge so I am going to make dinner portions out of it because I would have to eat it every day for a week. I also like to experiement with gourmet recipes and I have found some that have become family favorites.

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently learn to cook...I'm more of a baker...today's menu was steak w/ garlic green beens w/ coated onions. I baked sweet bread and buns. My daughter isn't used to homemade food but she is getting used to it...that's what me and my hubby have been doing...I really enjoy it, I have a fanny fae farmer book and it has wonderful recipies of stuff that is so easy to make and so good...nice post thanks for starting it...

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL - Lately for me it has been sandwiches and hamburger helper since I have been busy. I did think about making some chili today since it is cooler.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love to cook! But like Faye we eat a lot of leftovers-it's just me and my husband! I cook once or twice a week and we eat it all week! But I don't use processed food-I cook every thing myself! Tonights meal is Pork tenderloin, baked potatoes, and roasted brussel sprouts-as long as the power doesn't go out!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yummy.....

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband does most of the everyday cooking in our household while I handle the holidays. Last night he made Jerked Chicken with Saffron Rice and green beans with pearl onions. It was delicious. He's really a fabulous cook.

Post Thanks / Like
    So who's house to go for dinner....hmmmm lol; yeah my hubby does most of our cooking too...if he picks up extra outside of the house work, I pick up the slack....but last night after the day I was having...we had pizza....phew...lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I do most of the cooking in our house. With the amount of people in my house there usually isn't very many leftovers but that is ok because sometimes the leftovers don't get eaten. My most favorite thing to cook is Lasagna, or during the holidays. Our holiday meals are spectacular. We have such a huge amount of food for the holidays we invite close friends of the family over for the holidays. I am up by 6:30 on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day getting everything going that didn't get done the night before. I also love to bake, thus the reason for starting my own bakery.

10. Likes dragondrummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do You Cook....a reply

To add to the thread:
    in recent days I've cooked meatloaf, fresh spinach, vegetable medley, jalepeno cornbread, baked fish/lemon slices, hamburger patties/onion slices, and homemade french fries. I simmered cherry tomatoes, okra and my first wax bean of the year(all from my garden) last nite. Mmmmmm good!

I need to try my hand at baking bread!