Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

I started a blog about overeating

Hey, yawl,

I struggle with my weight. I lost a ton of it a couple of years back, but I have put about 70 pounds back on. I am an emotional eater and I started this blog about it. It helps me get stuff out of my system and where I can step back and look at it.

Here's the link in case anybody is interested in this subject.

[URL="http://survivingovereating.blogspot.com/"]Why I Overeat and What I am Doing About it[/URL]

XOXOXOX
    Landon

2. Likes nothingnowhere, BarbySue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW, Landon that was great! I have gained weight over the past 4 years and joined Weight Watchers this year and dropped out and gained some more back. I'm one who needs to work out and diet, I can't just do one or the other I have to do both. Your blog really gave me some good tips about eating. I believe I eat when I'm bored or eat when it is time to eat not just because I'm hungry. I admire your courage in starting up this blog! You have spirit, self esteem girlfriend I wish I had as much as you do! You go girl!! xoxoxo
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

4. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    OIC....I have recently gained weight...I was always underweight; I never liked food, I would actually forget to eat; After my surgeries and hitting fourty, I have slowly gained weight; at first it was cool, now not so much. My family just makes fun of me; they have always struggled w/ their weight and always got mad at me cuz I never did...now that I am I get no support just smirked at. After reading your blog Landon, I know I am not an emotional eater, but I have a problem w/ my metabolisum and I never developed healthy eating habits...ie I usually skip breakfast and eat late at night. (Before that was because I forgot to eat...now it's just habit) My hubby cooks so well and I enjoy my meals...as you might have read I am baking. So this is cool, thanks Landon.

6. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, BarbySue, how precious you are!! I think you don't realize that about yourself!

I eat when I am bored, stress, worried...So, I am trying to ask myself what is going on when I head for my kitchen. I am hoping that if I can do something productive towards whatever those emotions are instead of eating, those anxieties will lesson. I have problems in my life I need to address and actually DO something about. Eating doesn't help me resolve those issues.

8. Likes BarbySue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Anaisa, it is my pleasure!! I am glad you are not an emotional eater. Are you on meds for your metabolism issues? Yes, eating late at night is a biggie for putting on weight. I try to not eat at least 3 hours before I go to bed.

Post Thanks / Like
    No on no meds; even my doc kinda just look at me and say eh it's normal over 40 to gain weight. Although I had very bad eating habits (emotional unresolved reasons as well...), I was always active....even while eating; After my surgeries, I wasn't so active...but unfortunetly kept my bad habits. Although, I am trying to be active ie my falling issue...I am having more difficult times w/ my weight....I never made my family feel uncomfortable w/ their issues...NEVER teased and supported them. But my mom laughs and teased me, my sister does the Ladies society thingy...OMG....you um...never mind....Now, I struggle w/ eating at the proper times and healthy foods. I want to do a cleanse or detox but no nothing about it nor do I want to do anything major. I can see grabbing something to eat because of bordem or sad etc....mine is just different but w/ the same results.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are so sweet! No I don't think that much of myself which probably explains a lot of the issues I have.

But heading to the kitchen, the fridge everytime and asking myself what I'm really looking for is a great idea. I never thought of it that way, but that is excellent! If I'm not I ought to pop on here and see what everyone is up to, or you know me...go organize a closet! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Oh, BarbySue, how precious you are!! I think you don't realize that about yourself!

I eat when I am bored, stress, worried...So, I am trying to ask myself what is going on when I head for my kitchen. I am hoping that if I can do something productive towards whatever those emotions are instead of eating, those anxieties will lesson. I have problems in my life I need to address and actually DO something about. Eating doesn't help me resolve those issues.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

12. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your blog is amazing!!!!

14. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry that your family isn't helping you with this. What is the Ladies Society thing? I don't understand that part.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Paige, that means a lot to me!!