Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Test was good no polyps!!

I wondered if ya'll were getting tired of my troubles but some have said you want to know so I came through the test fine and don't have to have another for 5 years. YEAH!! My knee surgery is scheduled for the 1st but my insurance company hasn't okayed it so I doubt that I will make that date. In April they okayed the surgery...in June!!! I hate insurance companies! The other knee that I fell on is doing well so that is no longer an issue. I want to know why the right knee hasn't improved after the replacement in October of last year. I had it scoped in Feb I think and they couldn't find what was wrong so they were going to do open surgery on it in April and when the insurance company didn't ok it in time the dr decided I had to wait for a year to have it done again. So I have waited and I still have pain every time I get up or sit down and when I try to life my leg. So prayer that this will happen in a timely manner is my wish. Thanks so much for your concern you will never know how much you have helped me through some tough times. I am crocheting on the sock monkey blanket for my great gdaughter so I am busy. Thanks friends!!

2. Likes Landon, Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, good news....yeah insurance companies aren't fun...I used to work for one, I know. What got floored me though when I was an intern, was that Medical personel had to 'medicate' according to what insurance a person has...so that goes for diagnoses too....grr....happy crocheting Faye...hugs

4. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    btw never tired of hearing....chat away...

Post Thanks / Like
    Anaisa, what do you mean they have to medicate and diagnose according to the insurance?

Gotcha covered, Faye, gotcha covered!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I was an intern for an 'institution' (I don't think that's p.c. sorry) anyways...when the patients were being discussed w/ the head doc, they would say....I believe so and so is...I dunno, bipolar....and the head doc would ask...what do you prescribe? and they would say some med and the doc would add, and what insurance does the patient have? and if the ins didn't cover that med, they would find a different way of dignosing bipolar so that they could get the meds...it blew me away! So if the ins didn't cover..let's say prozac; they would say that the patient wasn't bipolar but depression....which is kinda the same thing but being that bipolar is more sever, ins may cover it but the patient couldn't get other benifits...makes sense?

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand now. Yes, I have seen that happen. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Crazy....if your sick w/ whatever and they find the reason....go on record for that reason and make the insurance company find a way to figure out how to compensate you back for what you have paid into.....grrrr.....I am having a difficult time w/ my work disability insurance....they can't accept that I've become disabled...but they could take my payment w/ every paycheck w/o question....double grrrr

Post Thanks / Like
    thats great Faye! hate the test tho..

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah...I have to go through the dreaded colon test in a couple of weeks...ugh...not looking forward to it. My dad had colon cancer when he passed away and they insist that I have it done even though I am in my 40s. I did not realize that most colon cancer can be prevented by the removal of polyps.

Post Thanks / Like
    BarbaraG, I had forgotten how bad the gas is after the procedure. They must have emptied a tank in me and I am terrible at passing gas so my stomach cramped and hurt pretty bad on the way home from Chattanooga. We stopped twice for me to go to the bathroom. I drank 4 32oz bottles of gatorade with a half bottle of Miralax in each one took 8 ducololax tablets and I didn't clean out all the way. Says I will have to do a 3 day fast before the procedure next time. It was almost 3 days this time as the procedure wasn't over until 5 or so. So better luck to you. Family history is a big indicator so better to be safe than sorry. My family history is for breast cancer and I have had tumors removed since I was 22. Good luck and let us know when so that we can pray for you.