Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaisensei's Crochet Project Pictures

Hi dears! This is the thread where I will show off some of the stuff that I made or am making, or stuff that my students are making. Most of my students have been mentored by me and I would just love to show off some of the stuff that they made. For the moment though, I would like to "show off" some of the accessories I have made for myself.

Its a beret/slouchy beanie that I got from the internet. I saved the pattern from another computer so I just need to look for the book again so that I can share this project with all of you. So what about yours? Have you done a beret before?

2. Likes NitaT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kai,

This is so cute! I have not done any of these type of projects before. I would love to have the pattern, when you find it! This would be something very simple for me to get back into. My mother always just worked on blankets and afghans, so that is really all I have ever done.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kai Sensei,

Great project! Looks very nice indeed. I have read somewhere on the forum that some find doilies intimidating, in fact I find works like yours quite intimidating, or maybe I did not try any ever that is why!
    Is your name in two parts or is it two separate names? sorry for my ignorance. Your name is very interesting that is why I want to know. Anyway, I always curious about things!
    See you soon...will try to dig out my crochet works too to gets pictures of them.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Kai,

This is so cute! I have not done any of these type of projects before. I would love to have the pattern, when you find it! This would be something very simple for me to get back into. My mother always just worked on blankets and afghans, so that is really all I have ever done.
    Thanks! I love this beret too. I saved the pattern in another computer. I will try to post the pattern or the link here. I love making berets plus it's fashionably "in" now. I catch my students' interest in crocheting whenever they see my work. It inspires them to crochet as well making both of us quite happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fairynatb View Post
    Hi Kai Sensei,

Great project! Looks very nice indeed. I have read somewhere on the forum that some find doilies intimidating, in fact I find works like yours quite intimidating, or maybe I did not try any ever that is why!
    Is your name in two parts or is it two separate names? sorry for my ignorance. Your name is very interesting that is why I want to know. Anyway, I always curious about things!
    See you soon...will try to dig out my crochet works too to gets pictures of them.
    I've actually tried doing doilies before. But due to the environment here in my country, it collects dust quickly which I really don't like. I'm asthmatic you see so anything that collects dust I don't make. Besides, its not appreciated that much in my home so I don't do it anymore. I put much more effort on doilies then in berets coz I use a smaller hook to make it and use cotton threads which I find more tedious to use. I like using mixed acrylic yarns. You know yarns that are part acrylic and part cotton. I'm kind of allergic to yarns made out of wool though. I end up sneezing while crocheting so I don't use it. For me, personally, I love crocheting berets and such coz I get to use it more often then doilies. Maybe its intimidating but once you try it you will find that its in fact quite easy. I love trying out new stuff! The only problem I have is FINISHING it. Hahaha.

By the way, my name is actually Karen. My nickname is Kai. Sensei is a japanese word that means TEACHER. (I'm not japanese by the way.. lol!) So I use kaisensei as my handle as my virtual self persona. Hihi. So if you see a kaisensei in a forum or a site, that's most likely me. hihi! Anyway, would love to see some of your works. I have a lot of other stuff that I wanna show soon. Maybe this thread will be dedicated for my love of berets and beanies.

Post Thanks / Like

I found the pattern! Its from REDHEART.com Track Stitch Beret I used the size for MEDIUM. Its an easy one coz you will just be doing a lot of treble crochet! Try it and let me know how you fared with yours. I had fun doing it but I think I will try another pattern soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Wow, love that Tract Stitch Beret. I think I will make it next. I don't usually wear a hat in the winter, but I think I would look good in a beret. My hair is quite short and a larger hat looks like I don't have any............

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the beret. I've never been much good at hats, but I think I could try this out. Thanks for posting the link to the pattern.

10. Likes kaisensei liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    Wow, love that Tract Stitch Beret. I think I will make it next. I don't usually wear a hat in the winter, but I think I would look good in a beret. My hair is quite short and a larger hat looks like I don't have any............
    I love berets! And yes I think it would look good on you even with short hair. I have a friend who has short hair who wore this beret and absolutely loved it. She wanted to bring home the beret but since it was one of the hardest that I've done (haha.. maybe because all those trebles took a lot of effort on my part) I wasn't quite ready to part with it.

And yes, there are easier designs. I have a few beret or beanie patterns that I've done that I'd like to share with you all. Will post about it soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by writer_crafter View Post
    I really like the beret. I've never been much good at hats, but I think I could try this out. Thanks for posting the link to the pattern.
    Sure no problem. I love sharing to others the great finds that I stumble upon on the internet. FREE PATTERNS are awesome. LOL. They really are life savers.