Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

My grandmother's creations

Hello,

Here are some pictures of a set of crocheted items I received years ago. I have kept them in one of my kitchen drawers. My grandmother is no longer living, so I do not have the patterns. But, I thought this was really a neat set!
    Attached Images Attached Images My grandmother's creations-100_5927-jpg My grandmother's creations-100_5926-jpg My grandmother's creations-100_5925-jpg My grandmother's creations-100_5924-jpg My grandmother's creations-100_5923-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a neat set. Nicely done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbi! These are great creations by your grandmother. Thanks for sharing them with us despite not having the patterns. Your granny was quite fond of variegated threads and simple but easy patterns which I think can be easily followed by our expert crochet members here (definitely not me!)

Post Thanks / Like
    How wonderful to have something you're grandmother made by hand. They are extra special.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    I may have one or more of patterns simlar to what you have posted if your interested my mom has some old crochet pieces also from family members that are no longer with us and she asked me to see if I could figure out how they were made and make them bigger for her if you like I could take try and figure out them for you just let me know.

The crocheted items are beautiful!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blackierose,

Thanks! If you have similar patterns, feel free to post them here, or post a link. I know a few members were curious about patterns.

Thanks for your help!

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for sharing your grandmother's work Barbi...all of them are so so well done and with such attention to detail. I always admire great crochet work!
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbi, I found a pattern for one of your grandma's crocheted items two of them on on the freepatterns site one is called Blue & White potholder the number is fc00722, the second one is on the same site it's called Dainty Pot Holder the number is fc00389 if this isn't the right ones let me know and I'll keep searching still working on the other items is it possible to have larger pictures so I can see if I can figure out the patterns for you if that would be something you would consider.

9. Likes Barbara G., yarnmama liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara- those are very sweet pieces. What a wonderful way to have memories of your grandmother.
    Blackierose- you definitely have sharp eyes- finding so many cool patterns to share. Glad you are aboard!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blackierose,

Thanks for sharing your findings on the patterns. I have been so busy lately, and have not gotten around to looking yet. I really appreciate it! I will have to go take a look and save the patterns to my computer.