Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Newbie here, old@ crochet, keenpetite

Hi!!, just joined this great group mainly for encouragement, hints & more.I live in SE Arizona in a small former mining town, enjoy the solitude, care of close neighbors, but specially the charm of 100 yr homes.
    Till later, keenpetite

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You!!
    Taught myself to crochet after both hubby & dr threatened to put me in hospital during a bout with Pneumonia, had hubby take to a small local store where I purchased a book, a hook & crochet thread, less than 2 weeks later I was feeling much better but best of I had taught myself to crochet & stayed out of hospital. That was 3/91 & still enjoy crochet very much, thus reason to be here.
    keenpetite

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Keenpetite,

It is great to have you join the group! I love the look of older homes. I bet seeing them is very enjoyable!

What types of projects do you enjoy doing? Look forward to hearing more about you!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to read about you!

Hi Barbi !!
    Thanks for helping me feel as part of this great crochet group, as mentioned before I've been crocheting since 3/91, at present I prefer doing thread crochet but friends have told that transition to yarn would be easier if it's natural not synthetic, as for our home its a craftmans built in 1915, double brick walls as well as maple floors in most of the 1800 sq ft. A close contractor friend has just about finished renovating the interior according to style, electric, plumbing & water are all up to code, new bath with walk in shower and updated kitchen.
    We live up in the mountains, gets very,very cold so it was mandatory to get a functional furnace instead of the hole in floor. Gained a sewing room, as soon able as I'm able , post some pix. thanks for asking, later.
    keenpetite

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, keenpetite! I was afraid of thread crochet, but this summer I tried a shawl using #3 thread. I absolutely love it and was surprised that it was easier than I expected. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.