Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Japanese Crochet and Knitting Patterns

I discovered Japanese Crochet patterns a few years ago. I find that I prefer them to most US patterns as I like "different" and unusual patterns. The patterns are charted, so there is no need to know how to read or speak the language. The chart symbols are pretty much universal.
    Take a look at some of the patterns this site (Pierrot Yarns) has for free. Everything from hats, to purses and bags, curtains, doilies, sweaters, vests, toys baby, men and women and girls. Many have been translated into English to make them easier to follow. Most of the shoe, boot and hat patterns I make for my granddaughter are from Japanese crochet sites. I just love them!!!

Link to Free Knit and Crochet Japanese Patterns: [Pierrot Yarns]Patterns Club

Link to tutorials for how to read Japanese Patterns: Japanese

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the post! I have had it on my mind to post some different styles of crocheting. If you have more ideas, feel free to post away! I love learning new things, and I am sure their are others who do as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's very interesting Nita!
    You're right the patterns there do look very interesting. Shows what an advanced crocheter you are though that you go looking for patterns in another language. I'm still working out learning to do the ones I want to do in my own language, lol.

Maybe someday....(sigh)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. I already printed a pattern that i am going to try. Always learning something new in crochet!!

Post Thanks / Like
    You are welcome, Sandra. Patti, I am always searching for more modern designs. I have hundreds of patterns and books on crochet and many resources that I find online for free. Just like to share in case someone else is interested.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nita, I have learnt to use both chart and patterns at the same time but I find it easier to read patterns, for some reason! However, I think it is very useful that you pointed this out for those people that find it either boring or hard to read through patterns.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the link Nita! I've actually made some stuff from a Japanese crochet magazine and reading their patterns weren't that hard at all coz yeah they use a chart! I will probably browse around that site and check out the patterns.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for this web link. These are great patterns. Can't wait to try some.
    My daughter-in-law is Japanese. I have made things for her and her friends.