Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Art Journaling: Fun, fun, fun!

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I came across a video about art journaling and decided to try my hand at it. It allows me to express myself through drawing. Right now, I'm using map pencils and markers as I slowly navigate the world of self expression through art. Boy, am I letting my mind take control!!! It's FUN! As a hobby enthusiast, I hope to one day share some of my work with y'all.

Are there any others art journalling? Tips and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not familiar with art journaling, but I love to express myself through my beaded jewellery, crocheting, sewing, etc.....am trying to add knitting to that list but I am really slow on the knitting, LOL

Do you draw or paint pictures? My handwriting isn't even close to readable. I will google it, sounds interesting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon,

You sound like quite a crafter! I am being slow to add knitting to my list too. What kind of jewelry pieces do you make? Also, what items do you enjoy sewing?

I'm not an artist by any means; but, I enjoy my drawings! I love cardmaking and do a smidgen of scrapbooking. I made one mini album and mailed it to a friend. Of course, I simply adore crocheting! Oh yes, I loom-knitted a child's hat last Dec. as a gift. It was a first attempt and it was adorable! It's on my list to renew my passion for sewing. It's about finding the time! I love the world of art!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will have to look more into the art journaling. This sounds like something really fun to do with my girl scouts!

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was going through rehab for drug addiction, I did a lot of journaling! In fact, my therapist suggested it! I still keep a journal today! I'm going to look into the art journaling-sounds interesting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    I am not familiar with art journaling, but I love to express myself through my beaded jewellery, crocheting, sewing, etc.....am trying to add knitting to that list but I am really slow on the knitting, LOL

Do you draw or paint pictures? My handwriting isn't even close to readable. I will google it, sounds interesting!
    Landon I am very slow at knitting too l I find it much harder then crocheting.

8. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Art journaling sounds interesting... I guess I do that with my crocheting...

Post Thanks / Like
    Paige, I hear ya! To me, learning how to crochet was easier than learning how to knit!

Maryjane, I have also journaled thru dealing with my alcohol addiction. Writing things out helps me a lot! I get a lot of my chest that way.

Barbara! You work with girl scouts? How cool is that??

Butterflyrose, my sewng is VERY simple and mostly is items that are straight lines, LOL Curtains, pillowcases, skirts, pillows for my chairs....that kind of thing. It is so much nicer to decide what fabric I want to use and not having to use what it is the stores. The jewellery I make is beaded. I love making jewellery and playing with my beads! They are so much fun to me, I just love them! I take a great deal of pride in my jewellery, I want my pieces to last through the buyers generations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it is fun and thought-provoking Barbara. Your Girls Scouts will enjoy it and I hope you do too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothingnowhere, it's interesting and provokes untapped creativity! Crocheting-art journaling! Yay!