Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Donna's Stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Donna's Stuff

Some of my finished projects.
    Attached Images Attached Images Donna's Stuff-baby-sweater-jpg Donna's Stuff-woman-scarf1-jpg Donna's Stuff-tunisian-shawl-jpg Donna's Stuff-summer-shawl-jpg 

2. Likes Barbara G., NitaT, decrafter52, Tango1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's very nice! I like the shawl! What kind of stitch did you use there and how long did it take? Unfortunately for me, I have no patience for BIG projects like that though.. lol. My time is very much torn with real life and online activities. Haha. I get distracted too much. But whenever I want to relax, making a small crochet project is good for de-stressing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks kaisensei! The shawl is a tunisian crochet stitch. I got the pattern from Get Hooked on Tunisian Crochet. It's my best piece so far, and the first time I used really good yarn. The yarn is Malabrigo sock yarn in Archangel. It is so soft!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work Donna!
    Thanks so much for taking the time to share. Makes me want to do more crocheting! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Grandson Scarves

Here are the scarves I finished for the grandsons for Christmas. I used Red Heart sport yarn. The long striped one is single crochet in the back loop. The block one is single crochet.

Donna's Stuff-1323137107144-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Christmas scarves

Here are the rest of the scarves I've done for Christmas. The black and blue ones are for the boys. The black is half double crochet. The blue one is tunisian simple stitch. The girls get the pink (basket weave) and green (single, half double). All are done with Simply Soft yarn.
    Attached Images Attached Images Donna's Stuff-1323137293462-jpg Donna's Stuff-1323137273253-jpg Donna's Stuff-1323137242353-jpg Donna's Stuff-1323137254936-jpg 

8. Likes Lorraine, arbrumfield, Val liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Donna! Seems you have a large collection of crocheted gifts here. I really envy you for having the time to do them, plus I love how they look, especially the colors of your Grandson scarves! I don't really know how to make the Tunisian stitch and I have to make mental note of that for my future To-Do's Thanks for sharing your lovely creations! They all look great!

Post Thanks / Like
    I tore out the beautiful Tunisian shawl I made for myself. The pattern called for 2 hanks but I needed 3. The 3rd one didn't have the same dye lot but looked close enough. NOT!! Every time I looked at it I cringed. So - I frogged it and haven't figured out what to do with the gorgeous yarn. It's Malabrigo sock yarn in Archangel. Any ideas??

Post Thanks / Like
    Giftedchild - I had foot surgery in early November and all I could do for a month was sit on my posterior with my foot on a pillow. The blessing was that I had lots of time to make scarves for Christmas!

I live in the heart of the Delta in Cleveland, MS
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the pink basketweave scarf. Good job!