Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Am I Slow???

Post Thanks / Like

Am I Slow???

Pattern after pattern says "finish in 3 hours" or "make several pairs of mittens in one weekend". I haven't finished anything in a weekend - much less in 3 hours! Actually, the 3 hour one took me 4 weeks.

Is there anyone here who is that fast? How do you do it????

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I must admit that I am not fast at all! Actually, I am very slow. I am sure that it will vary by individual as well as how experienced they are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it really depends on one's free time and availability. Thats for my case anyway. If I have free time and I really really like the project, I do end up working very fast. Anyway the important thing is YOU FINISH the project. hahaha. Me, I end up doing things fast but then get interrupted and distracted and forget about my crochet project. :P

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been told that I'm very slow when I crochet! That's ok, though. When you're slow, you tend to be more careful and make fewer mistakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too I know I'm slow with crochet but I do tend to finish projects faster when I'm excited to finish it, especially if I know it's a small project, the finished outcome of which is easy to see in hours. But as most of us here said, it really depends on the person, and how slow he/she does the stitches, how hyped up he/she is with the project, and how big/small the project is. Don't worry DonnaJN, nobody's timing you for your projects. Just take your time my dear

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    It depends for me; if I have lots of time on my hands, I go fast, if I just have few minutes here and there everyday, it takes me weeks or even months to finish a project...so I would say your speed is average!
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never finished a project from start to finish in one sitting either. I'm not sure who can but it definitely isn't me. I don't have that kind of time nor interest in it for that long. I pick it up here or there as I think about it then put it down for a few days, weeks, or even years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Everyone! I needed your encouragement!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be the first member of the "Slow-poke Club". I have just become a member and don't really know the ends and outs of this forum. Hoping to catch on quickly. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone.

10. Likes Patti Hale, Carolyn Crye liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Im very slow also and get mixed up a lot on directions at times.
    So be patient with me at times
    Joan
    location God's green earth