Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

would love to learn how to Chochet

My name is Tammy and I would love it if someone would be learning to teach me how to chochet. I have an Aunt who has done the most Beautiful work and I would love to learn myself.. Please respond if anyone is willing to help me learn..

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Tammy and Welcome!!

Under the forum titled Links and Resources, you'll find lots of tutorials about how to learn to crochet. I have a very detailed step by step lesson on learning the single crochet, the first stitch crocheters learn. If you have any questions about the tutorial, I am more than happy to help you as is anyone who is here!

For my tutorial, click on the link under my name, the one for my blogspot!

I am delighted to see you here!!
    Happy Crafting,
    Landon

3. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon has a great tutorial for you to start with and all of us will walk you through a pattern. Pick out an easy pattern (they are all ranked from beginner/easy to advanced. Don't rush yourself to do difficult pieces. If you master the easier patterns you will get a sense of satisfaction from completing it and not be bogged down unable to complete a difficult pattern. We are here for you. Go to the Forum page and select the Pictures thread and you can look at a lot of pictures of pieces we have completed. You will also find that we need a little help also. Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like
    and if you run into any difficulty just ask....I also sugest you start w/ something small, like a doily or a scrubby...even a granny square...because w/ a square you can make many things....since you have the desire and here you have the support you can learn to crochet...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tammy, welcome to the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tammy,

Each of us learn in a different way. For alot of us, watching the youtube videos a few times has helped us when we do not have anyone locally to help us. We have alot of videos listed in the links and resources thread and there are many more on the youtube site. You will need to start out with the very basic stitches and go from there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Tammy and welcome. You have come to the right place. The tutorial videos are great. You are can stop and start them as many times as you need to. If you get into trouble or do not understand something, just ask. Someone or several someones will be more than happy to walk you thru it. Glad you could join us. Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammy Diaz View Post
    My name is Tammy and I would love it if someone would be learning to teach me how to chochet. I have an Aunt who has done the most Beautiful work and I would love to learn myself.. Please respond if anyone is willing to help me learn..
    Hey Tammy, Have you checked out the craft shops in your area and see if they teach a class for crocheting..I'm trying to get a class going at my local Hobby Lobby. You can usually go online and they will have there classes posted up there...

10. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tammy and welcome!! Please don't be afraid to ask us for help! We were all where you are now!! Landon is a good person to friend! She recently learned to crochet and is a fantastic teacher!! Glad you joined us!