Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Plastic Canvas

Post Thanks / Like

Plastic Canvas

Well its almost lunchtime here and I am hungry. Just wanted to know if there is anyone else that does plastic canvas. I have made coasters and other small things. There again this is a craft that goes quickly and is easy to do. could be a break from crochet.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know plastic canvas at all...I sound so ignorant, don't I? well, now that you mentioned it, I will research it on the web and see what it is. I don't know if any of you tried basket-making? dad taught me the basics and whenever I make a basket, it always looks the same one cannot know every craft under the sun anyway but whenever I see someone making something that I like and admire, I wish I could do it too.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    I have done some plastic canvas. This is a great thing for children to learn! It is pretty easy and plastic comes in many different shapes and sizes. I have always like the tissue box!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never heard of plastic canvas! What is it exactly? It sounds like something that is not as portable as crochet and knitting

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nellie,
    Plastic Canvas is sold by the sheet. It is all plastic but is mesh, with rolls of holes. You cut the sheets to fit the project you wish to make. You then use coloured yarn to weave in and out of the plastic to create a design, its similar to needle point. Only you use plastic instead of canvas. Check it out on the net, do a search and you will find it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried plastic canvas way back in the 80's. I hadn't even thought about it in years, but I remember it was fun and easy to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have done plastic canvas, too. I haven't touched it for years but you can do all sorts of projects with it. I once a made a haunted house candy holder from plastic canvas. It was a kit and was very complicated to assemble but turned out really well. We use it every year and it has held up well for more than ten years. We will be putting our Halloween decorations out soon. If I can figure out how t post a picture here, I will post one of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, just thought of something for plastic canvas, what about some Halloween things to decorate with. Orange and Black That would be great.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for explaining what plastic canvas is Misty! What a great contributor you are to the group; always ready to help. Now,I really am curious about it and will go check it out right away!
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    I made Christmas decorations using this method when I was a child, I'm pretty sure they are still in the decoration box at my parents' house. I wasn't terribly keen on plastic canvas, if you're used to aida or evenweave which flexes and you can put in an embroidery hoop it takes a bit of getting used to. The benefits though are that it is great for kids to use and very durable.