Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

How can I use Albums on Crochet Talk?

How do I use albums?

As a member, you can create Albums of images that are linked to your public profile. Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel, and clicking on the 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'.

Each album can have a title ('Joe's Holiday to Nepal'), a description ('A bunch of photos from my recent adventure') and can be of three different types: Public, Private or Profile.
    •Public albums can be viewed by anyone
    •Private albums can only be viewed by site staff (moderators, administrators) and your Friends and Contacts (info)
    •Profile albums are viewable only by you. However, you can use the images to customize your public profile (info)

How do I upload pictures?

Once you've created an album you can upload images to it. Simply view the album and click on 'Upload Pictures'.

You'll have the option to give each picture a caption, and to set one image as the Album cover, which will be displayed on the public profile. To delete an album or edit the title, description or album type, click on 'Edit Album'. To delete an image, or to edit a caption or change the album cover, click on 'Edit Pictures'.

All members who have access to your album images can comment on them, in a similar way to Visitor Messages (more info). You can delete any image comments from your albums, and report inappropriate messages to moderators.

When you have uploaded a picture, you can place it in your posts by using the BB code text that is displayed below the image when you view it at full size.

Post Thanks / Like
    How do I access my user control panel? I haven't been able to find a "Pictures and Albums" link anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nita,

If you will click on a link of your name, it will take you to your profile page. This is considered your user control panel. To the left you will have the ability to add an album by clicking on "add album." I hope this helps you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay - here is a way to get to your settings control panel which is different (in case you need to know):

The Settings Control Panel is where you control your personal settings, options and preferences. To visit the Settings Control Panel, you must have first registered on the forums. Once logged in, click on 'Settings' in the header bar in the top-right corner of the page.

The Settings main page will list any new notifications, including new private messages and pending friend requests. Additional pages and forms allow you to control:
    •Your email address and password
    •Privacy Settings
    •Custom public profile settings
    •Private messages
    •Subscribed threads and forums
    •Friends and Contacts
    •Groups

Post Thanks / Like
    Another way to get to your profile page, is to click "my profile" at the top of the page when you are signed in. Just to let everyone know.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is what I see when I click on my user name:How can I use Albums on Crochet Talk?-forum-crochetsnip-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Try clicking on the link "My Profile" at the top right of the page. Then look on the left side of the page you are taken to.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried that as well. I am not seeing the link anywhere. Attached is another screenshot of what I see:
    How can I use Albums on Crochet Talk?-fullscreencrochetforum-jpg
    Well it's too small to actually see the options, but there is no option for albums. I have opened my profile in both IE 9 and Mozilla 8.0 and the link simply is not there in either browser. Am I the only one experiencing this problem?
    Last edited by NitaT; 11-20-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I posted the info from the frequently asked questions section of crochet talk, so the wording may not be exactly as you see. There should however be a link that you see on the last pic you posted that says add album on the left side of the page. Mine shows the following:

My name and avatar picture
    Friends
    Albums
    Groups
    and so on

Are you able to see this on your page?

Post Thanks / Like
    No, I have My avatar and name, Friends, Groups, group permissions , join groups and recent visitors...