Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Thread: Christmas Gifts

Post Thanks / Like

Christmas Gifts

I've been working on some doll clothes for one of my granddaughters for Christmas. I was wondering if anyone else is making any gifts this year?

2. Likes grammadia8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Catdoll,

I am working on refreshing my skills. I am making small blankets for my daughter's Barbie dolls. She is looking forward to me doing more things for her dolls.

4. Likes PPWFAITH liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Catdoll, I'm new to this group and am trying to get acquainted with what to do here and how to maneuver through the site. I saw your question about if anyone is making gifts this year. In my initial post to the group I stated that I have 17 grandchildren and my husband says we can't afford for us to buy gifts so I am making gifts out of things that I have on hand such as yarn and flannel. At this point I've made several hats that resemble the swiss style ski hat that has the long braid attached to the ear flaps. They are really cute and I got the pattern for free from ravelry.com. I've also made wrist warmers which are fingerless gloves and are made with the same stitch as a granny square. The also are pretty easy and since I have so many pre-teen granddaughters I know that they will be a hot item. I'm making mittens and then pj bottoms out of some nostalgic print flannel that I bought a couple of years ago. I also think I will do chocolat covered mini pretzels and put them in a decorative tin to give as gifts. Long story......yes, I am making gifts and lots of them. Actually I don't crochet or knit very well so this is a bit of a challenge. What else are you doing to make a homespun and economical Christmas? Christine from CT.

6. Likes Judi Gums, PPWFAITH, Debora liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't remember the last time I bought a gift for anyone. I always make mine. I think it is so much more personal. My family and friends expect this from me and put in their requests all year 'round for what they would like to have. From sewing to knit and crochet, machine embroidered purses, clothing, towels, quilts, scrapbooks (I digitally scrap and print out and bind the books, calendars, recipe cards, etc.) from family photos taken throughout the year...anything that you can think of that can be handmade. I have to start in July or August to be finished by Christmas, LOL!! Yes making gifts can be economical, but it is also a way to share a love of what you do and a way to pamper your loved ones. Mine wouldn't have it any other way. My son says he feels rich when wearing anything I have made for him. I have been making clothes and sweaters, socks, hats and scarfs for him since he was a baby. He is now 29 years old, LOL!!!

8. Likes PPWFAITH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow!! I can't believe all the wonderful things everyone is making for Christmas. I love that the crafters here are making Christmas more personal, and not commercial. I hadn't planned on making any other gifts, but now I'm going to consider it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I start with great intentions but somehow seldom get ahead. So this year there won't be as many handmade gifts but I'm setting a goal for next year and you have encouraged me. After Christmas, I'll come up with a written plan and and start early. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Gaile,

A written plan is always nice, especially if you have a lot of people to make items for!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am making the Ugly Blanket for my husband and bookmarks for some of the kids in my youngest son's play group. I don't have time to make more than that. Sadly I waited too long to get started. I'll do better next year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! I am new to this site. I am still learning how to navigate around. lol
    I am crocheting a few Christmas gifts. I have crocheted a baby sweater for my new grandbaby. It turned out really cute. I am working on a prayer shawl right now. There is not enough time, I am afraid, to do all I would like to. I have made 1 scarf, and would like to complete 3 more.
    Mom and I also made hats to be donated. We have approximately sixty. The hats are knitted on a loom. This has been a good project for my mom as my dad passed away in April. The hats have been a good distraction for a really good cause.

Post Thanks / Like
    i too am making a crochet beanie for my husband for christmas, but it is slow going as i am expecting my 9th great grand baby in january made a baby blanket and now also working on baby booties i have bootie patterns but am looking for patterns for a baby cocoon i found some to knit but would appreciate any for crochet thank you judy