Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Jumping to Break the Sound Barrier

I am watching CNN and they are showing Felix Baumgartner who is an Austrian skydiver and a BASE jumper. He is renowned for the particularly dangerous nature of the stunts he has performed during his career.

He wants to jump 120,000 ft (36,600 m) jump from a capsule suspended from a balloon filled with helium, intending to become the first parachutist to break the sound barrier.

I can't go near a ferris wheel without my stomach flip-flopping around. Personally, I would like to see this guy sit down with Dr. Phil and discuss his death wish, but what do I know??

I just hope he makes it!!
    [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felix_Baumgartner"][/URL]

Post Thanks / Like
    What!? Ok just proves some people are nuts!! But I guess if he does that is cool but where would you go from that??

3. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya' know the older I get the less I can do. I use to be able to do all the roller coaster with the kids and all that stuff, now not so much. I can't imagine bungy jumping off bridges, or any of that stuff. I think I've turned into a big chicken. I can watch horror flicks because I know it is all make believe but watching Evil Knevil stuff not so much. Like you, I hope this guy makes it and in one piece!
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Good question, Paige, what is next? How does he top this? Landing on the Sun??

I hear you, Barbysue, I love horror flicks, they do not affect me at all. I watched into The West and it horrified me the accounts of how our ancestors treated the Native Americans. Just horrified me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I hear ya' on that one. Totally wrong on how our ancestors treated the native americans! Sickening!
    Barby Sue

7. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    But, at least, credit to Steven Spielberg for showing the truth and not covering that up. I think humanity still treats the poor badly. Or who they perceive as inferior. Look at slaves, just despicable how they were treated.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are exactly right, I almost posted that as well. It is just awful. Thankfully, people today aren't treated in that exact manner. There are always unfair treatment that happens but none so blatent (spelling) as it was back then.
    Barby Sue

10. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, today we know that everyone has rights and that is so important to know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Knowing about rights is a great step, but that still doesn't stop people from being cruel. It's sad how we all bleed the same but the majority doesn't see what is right under their nose...if it doesn't benefit them it can't be right...sighs.

13. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very true! It is sad how the majority can't see a person for the individual and imbrace all that that person is instead of tearing them down for their differences. I've got a very closed minded sister that just drives me insane on some issues...we just have to avoid issues because of she is so closed minded about some things. But I'm sure that goes on with a lot of familes.
    Barby Sue

15. Likes Landon liked this post