Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Thread: I fell AGAIN!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I fell AGAIN!!!

I want some sympathy and you ladies are all I have. I fell again today on the same knee I fell on 2 weeks ago. This time the knot was huge and it really, really doesn't feel good so I called Kaye (my twin) and we went to the ER. It is not broke and the knee replacement is still in place but there is a LOT of fluid on it called an effusion of the knee. I need to see my ortho dr to have it drained. YUCK!! She isn't available until next week so I'll just ice it and it will be fine in a day or so. I'll call the dr and see if I can be seen this coming week but I already have an appt on the 16th and that may be as soon as I can see her.I fell AGAIN!!!-bump-knee-003-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about your fall! Take care of yourself!

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks really painful! Sorry to hear you fell. Wish there was something I could do to help other than to say how sorry I am.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    That is awful...and a week before you can have it drained?! Isn't there anyone else in that office that you trust and can help you? Fluid in the knee isn't fun....so so sorry....big hugs your way....get better; crochet something too..winks

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG!! First of all, I am grateful that is not on your HEAD!! That must of been painful!! Is icing it helping? That is a big lump, I hope your doc's office can work you in sooner than the 16th. You know, people call and cancel their appointments.....Can you walk on it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just what I wanted people that care!! I already feel better with your comments. So immature of me to want sympathy but that's me. I can manage until I can see the dr. She is a solo dr so it's her or no one. I had a full cup of coffee in my hand and I took a bath in coffee. I took a shower and it kept swelling so I called Kaye. It does hurt to be touched but the swelling is going down after the ice. All I needed was to know that someone cares. I was crocheting the whole time I was in the ER. I am finishing the 2nd shawl. The first was 4 ply and this is 3 ply. The 3 ply will be more like a collar than a shawl. I am going to do it in bulky next. I'll be done with that pattern when I finish the 3rd one. Thanks again.

7. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think that is immature. I want to know that people care about me too and when I can "see" it, it makes me feel better! I am really glad to hear the swelling is going down and that you were crocheting while you were in the ER. That tells me you are not in blinding pain and that is really GOOD news!! A break isn't the only way you could have injured yourself where the swelling is.
    What do you mean this shawl will be more like a collar? Is there that much of a difference in 3 ply to 4 ply yarn? I'll have to look that up, I think the yarn for my scarf is 4 ply.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is 4 ply from the picture. Yes, between the two I used it is a difference. I am going to take a picture when I get the bulky one done so we can see the difference between them. I got my new camera and it is so much better than the old one. I am fine and appreciate everyones comments and permission to feel sorry for myself for a couple of minutes.

10. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG Faye!!! I feel for you completely!! I fell 9 years ago and shoved the post of my artificial knee up into my thigh bone, shattering it from the inside out. My Dr. said it was like a shotgun effect the way the bone just exploded. Took 4 1/2 hrs surgery to put the bone back together, put the knee back in place and insert a steel rod with 2 pins!!.Then 8 weeks in a wheelchair and in a physical rehab hospital. Afterwards, 7 weeks rehab at my sister and b-i-l's home. Was never so glad to get back to work!! I am SO glad you did not shatter your femur. That would have been just horrible. All my prayers for a speedy recovery and it gives you an excuse to sit and crochet. Take care, girlfriend and take care of that knee!--Jan

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much! It seems like we are all sisters with different mothers. So many of us have had the same experiences. I will be fine it just hurts now. Eeks, your injury trumps mine several times over!!