Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Just FYI: The difference between Retail Wholesale and Genuine Wholesale

Hi, yawl!!

A genuine wholesaler will require your Business Tax ID. You won't even be able to see prices unless you have been accepted by the company, which they will do after they are provided with the retail tax ID that you get when you register your business with your state.

Just thought I'd share that with yawl cos I see lots of companies online who advertise that they wholesale to the public or that they are a wholesaler.

Happy Crafting,
    Landon
    Last edited by Landon; 10-03-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, you have a state number to get for sales tax. Then, you can get a federal tax id number for your business from the IRS if you live in the United States. It is not really that complicated and does not cost you anything to get one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here the State costs money, the Federal ID doesn't. But paying the taxes.........that's another story, LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a tax number because I sell things and must coolect sales tax! I've been to some of those wholesale sites too! Usually you have to buy a whole lot of one thing, say a case in order to save alot of money!! It's usually far more things than I want at one time!

5. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many people will confuse getting things at wholesale prices vs buying wholesale.

I purchase many items wholesale because I actually can use a full case of beads or 200 balls of the same yarn.

But there are many places that will let you purchase at 'wholesale prices' where you can purchase small quantities that are deeply discounted.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices