Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Question Dandelion Wine: Anyone have a tried & true recipe?

Lots of dandelions in the park across the street. Any one ever make Dandelion wine? What's it taste like? My personal favorite is Takara Plum wine from (you guessed it!) Japan.

Apologies ahead of time if anyone is offended.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have sipped dandelion wine and believe me when I say sipped is the only way to drink this. Or, if you like cough syrup maybe you can slug this. Remember the thick, overly sweet wine that was probably your first sip? Mogan David comes to mind but that might not be right. The one I sipped was thick and cloyingly sweet. Pass!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lynn,

I have never head of dandelion wine - call me naive! LOL Curious about it though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lynn, Are you a Southerner trapped in California? I think dandelion wine is a southern treat!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm...that sounds cool....I prefere sweet not syrup but sweet over dry....I am curious, I also wonder about mead....

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, what is mead? I love the knights and damsels in distress period.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's wine made from honey.....I was watching a Robin Hood dvd and it caught my interest....oh TwinFay have you ever seen Tristen and Isolde? My daughter has the dvd and my hubby got her a collectors book (5 bucks at a flee market, worth 150$!)And she said that the book was just as good as the movie.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Not that I remember, that is so a subjective statement. I don't remember much!!! I probably did see it and forgot that is the more likely scenario. I don't have time to read any more! Everybody keeps adding things to my to-do list!! And they have no shame!! My house isn't being cleaned and I have done nothing but read emails and crochet and it is all their fault!!!!

9. Likes Anaisa, Landon, Lynn E liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dandelion wine is a "mountain folk" thing too! Never tasted the wine but I know people that make it! The greens are very bitter if you try to eat them!! Again, "mountain folk" like the greens too!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am mountainfolk except we call it being a hillbilly. My family has lived in the boonies for many generations. I told my granddaughter that we were hillbillies and she was insulted. lol I don't feel that way I am proud of whom I am. My cousin who lives across the street is Rip VanWinkle. My maternal grandfather was Jonah VanWinkle and the street I live on is named VanWinkle Rd. So proud of my roots as a hillbilly!!!

12. Likes Landon liked this post