Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Family Heirlooms

Family Heirlooms-family-heirlooms-002-jpgFamily Heirlooms-family-heirlooms-004-jpgFamily Heirlooms-family-heirlooms-006-jpg
    I was talking to one of our Ladies and we talked about how we hope our crocheting will become family heirlooms and it got me to thinking about what we consider to be family heirlooms. One of my Mother's friends once showed us a pile of jewelry that she was passing to her daughter and I thought we don't have money or jewels to pass on but this is what we have. The flower garden quilt was hand pieced by my maternal grandmother. After her death I had it hand quilted by an older Lady. There are pieces of dresses that she made for me and pieces of her dresses that I see in this. The other quilt was hand pieced by a cousin and then it was hand quilted by my father. The crocheted tablecloth was done by my Mother. She has dementia now and doesn't remember crocheting it or how to crochet. So show us your family heirlooms.

2. Likes billiebob liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    They are all so beautiful, you are very fortunate to have them!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow - thank you so much for sharing! I have a set of things my grandmother made that I have before she passed away. You can see them on my profile page under albums. I would like to someday figure out the "pattern" from which they were made or something very similar. I have kept them all these years, but have never used them. Thank you for starting this thread in memory of those who have went on ahead of us while leaving us with crocheting heirlooms!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing! I have a bedspread that my Moms grandmother crochet for her for her wedding! My daughter uses it on the bed in her guest room, along with a quilt that was my Moms when she was a baby!

Post Thanks / Like
    They are amazing!! I would love to have family heirlooms like that... My grandmother gave me a necklace and earring set. It is emerald green and white cut glass. My grandfather had given it to her after they got married. I will dig it out and post a picture.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice!!! What a great work