Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Storming like crazy here

Hey, yawl, It is ferociously storming here and the power went out and came back on, THANK GOD!!! But, if I disappear for a while, then I have lost power. :eek::rolleyes:

Just wanted to let yawl know.............

XOXOXOXOX

Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    We have some rain here today, but not bad! I hate when the power goes out! We live on a mountain that isn't that populated so we are #1 when it comes to getting the power fixed! We went 3 days without power at the end of January, 20 below zero temps one year! We have a woodstove so we have heat and can cook on it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Can I come and live with you?? It must be beyond beautiful there! I live up in the Ozark Mountains and I just LOVE it here! The hillsides look like they are ablaze with colour in the Fall.

I have been without power for several days too, got a really heavy ice storm here the first winter I moved up here. I think my power was out for 3 days too. It was interesting, to say the least, LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Landon! Isn't it amazing how much we depend on electricity? I like to think I could live without it! But I like to "flush" if you know what I mean!! I can live with the rest though! Cooking on a woodstove is kinda fun! Crocheting by lantern light is doable too! What else do we need?? Food and entertainment-got that covered!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a little bit of rain here - need much more. We were supposed to get a good amount of rain, but so far not. Stay safe!

Post Thanks / Like
    Coo temps but no rain! Maryjane, you must have a fancy commode that uses electricity to flush. I can flush without electricity. Our phone service goes out all the time though and that means the computer.

7. Likes Lynn E liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our water pump is electric!! And we have no water source nearby! Guess I forgot you can flush by hand!! Silly me!

9. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Maryjane, I still have an outhouse around back so I could go(Pun intended) a long time!!

11. Likes Irishjl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Just curious (since I'm a townie at heart), why no generator? Lived in the high desert area for awhile in a modular home and would have frozen to death if power was lost for any length of time since it had only a forced air heating system. I learned that heating a 2000 sq. Ft. house with only a fireplace wasn't possible.

The first winter there the temp. dropped to 9°F, freezing a brass valve to the strorage tank. Finding a replacement was a an exercise in futility which almost ended in divorce (that happened later :-/).

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been in that kind of cold! The cold that goes through your bones! It is vicious!! My home never got below 50 or so, so it wasn't too terribly bad.