Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

School stress :(

I have yet to pick up my hooks this week. My middle boy is having an extremely hard time adjusting to the new school. His melt downs result in him coming home. The school trying to get everything In place/ set up for him. Just wish my boy could keep it together to make it the entire day. I have my fingers crossed that next week will be great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Paige, I am so sorry to hear this!! I hope it all gets straightened out for him and you of course! I hate to hear that the little one is so stressed out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. We will get there eventually took almost all of last year to sort this out. The new school has all the info they just need to get set up to implement the plans for his needs. He is ADHD and has a defiance disorder.. And who knows what else. We are still in the process of figuring him out. Just working on issue at a time until we get it all figured out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, bless your heart, I'll keep yawl in my prayers!!

XOXOX

5. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you are amazing! Moving crocheting and most of all children to deal with. I work all day with children like yours bless there hearts. I know people do not understand but they really do try to comply. I can't imagin how the world looks to them. I know its pretty scary for me some days. Hang in I hope it will get better sooner then later.
    Love
    Billie

7. Likes GrammaJoe, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used to teach and my daughter has Aspergers...Middle school, I too was called too and she sometimes couldn't stay in school all day. Glad the school is working w/ him...the school wasn't willing to help w/ the disability they didn't quite understand, eventhough I had doc's and ocupational therapits documentations of what could work....best of wishes for you both...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you guys!!

It is amazing how well the school is doing. Doesn't help that it is the begining of the year.
    My mom went thru the same thing with my sister and got no help at all.
    Thank goodness attitudes are toward kids with learning disabilities are changing.

10. Likes GrammaJoe, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anytime you have special kids in the school system, there is an adjustment period. The short time my oldest son was in public school, it was a constant battle so to speak. He is autistic and has a lot of learning disabilities - we had to keep pressing in so that he gained the modifications he needed. Then finally, I brought him back home for one on one instruction. Not everyone is able to do this - but I am thankful that I could and it has been much better for us.

I wish you the very best - there is a way to work it out - just keep searching.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the school attitudes are changing...thank goodness. And Barbara, we are the best advocates our children have...

Post Thanks / Like
    My son has CP and they wanted him to wear a helmet on the playground because he fell a lot. I said no! He picked himself up and I didn't want him to be any more different than he was. He graduated from regular high school and the only special care he got was a class for the gifted. He tested in the genius range. All he wanted was to be like everyone else and I insisted on it.

14. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post