Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hi there

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there

Hi every one. i am new to this community and i am excited to learn more. i am 28 and have been crocheting for 20 years. i do have a question about hooks, i have never encountered this before. i am using a pattern for the highland home plaid afghan and it calls for a clarks O.N.T number 3 hook. i use boye and always have. i have looked at conversion charts but they seem vague to me because they dont specify brand, only usa or european sizes. does anyone know what size i need to use or know more about this. please help!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! I cannot find anything on this. This is where the crochet cards would come in hand to place your crochet hook through and see what the comparable hook size is. The tool is very inexpensive to buy (I think). I saw some at Hobby Lobby, but do not know if Walmart would carry something like this. Maybe someone on the forums is familiar with the ONT conversions.

3. Likes monicaconley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the way - welcome to the group! Nice to have you here on the forums with us! :0)

5. Likes monicaconley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Monica! welcome to the forum!

check this link..

Hooks & Needles |
    Last edited by Val; 09-21-2012 at 08:29 PM.

7. Likes monicaconley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw where a size 5 is a F ..so it might b D

9. Likes monicaconley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for all of your responses. i appreciate them all. i think i am going to try the pattern with a "d" hook. it just seems small for the style. i will continue to search for my answer. thank you all for being so welcoming!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Monica and welcome! I have a needle sizer that I bought at AC Moore! According to that a #3 hook is a D! But what are you crocheting with-yarn? Thick, thin? The wrapper on the yarn may give you a better idea of the appropriate size hook! Any way, we'll solve your problem sonehow! Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and someone will know how to answer your question. I have never seen the women on here not come through.

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome; looks like you got your sizes right....

Post Thanks / Like
    i am crocheting with yarn, 4 ply. but the pattern is calling for a certain size hook. i am going to start today with a d hook, i will let you guys know how it is going. am i able to post pictures on here?