Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Beginner at Grochet I am trying to crochet a Shrug out of Lion Brand Homespun.

Hi: My name is Fran & this is my first post. I am TRYING to crochet a Shrug it should measure 38x21 and it is "almost a triangle" is there anything I can do beside starting over. It is 4 skiens of Lion Brand Homespun. PLEASE HELP.

Post Thanks / Like
    H, Franzell! Welcome!!

I am Landon, a self-taught crafter. Is the pattern online were we can see the instructions?
    There are oodles of talented people here, someone will come along and help you!! I would be worried that it would be over my head as I am very new to crocheting.

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it the Sequioa Shrug on Lion Brands website?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, please let us know if the pattern is online so we can see the instructions. Someone should be able to help you out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Fran, welcome to the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Landon: Thanks for your reply. The pattern is Lion Brand Homespun #90689AD. I have crochet part but it came out wider at one end so I haven't done the side seams. Can I possibly block it to be the correct measurements. Right now it goes from 48 to 30 inches in width. No, I wasn't drunk when I did this just a beginner. LOL I was hoping I could use the wider end at the top for my big breasted daughter?? HELP!!!!I will check out your work on Etsy. Happy Crafting to you too, fran

7. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Val, Thanks for the welcome. Any suggestions for a beginner crocheter who has TROUBLE keeping my rows even??

Post Thanks / Like
    you can put a safety pin to mark the end of your rows. that would help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Fran and welcome! The safety pin thing really works! And you may want to count the stitches in the row every once in awhile to see if you are still on track! Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the pattern of the shrug that I made that I gave to my twin. It should be a rectangle that is folded in half to sew the sides and make an opening for the armholes. I don't think you can save this. Unfortunately, it just doesn't seem to be a way to make this into a rectangle. Sorry, but if you read more of the posts you will see that I have unraveled a lot and I have 40 years of experience!