Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: hello, I'm new

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy hello, I'm new

just found this web site and it looks fun...I love crocheting, but have a problem sometimes reading the patterns. I start crocheting than come to a part in the instruction and than get frustrated and stop. I just want to crochet and have fun... anyone have any ideas lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Robin,

Nice to meet you! Glad you joined our group! Relax and have fun crocheting! I also have challenges with reading patterns some times. Be sure to check out the links and resources for some great helps! Do you work on smaller projects or larger ones?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Robin! Welcome to the group!

Sometimes it helps to put the pattern down for a bit and then try it again when you are fresh.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Robin,
    I am very new to the group too...and like you have the same frustrations with patterns. There are many experienced people here and maybe we both will conquer the "Pattern Nightmare syndrome"
    Welcome aboard.
    Janie

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Robin, welcome. I was there too years ago when I taught myself to crochet; I gave up a good many time then decided the patterns are not going to get the better of me! So I tried and tried and tried for days until I got to the point where no pattern has any secrets for me...I would be the last person to think that possible when I just started out, so do not give up, you'll get there!
    FairyNatB

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Robin, hope this helps you...if not I'll keep looking for the best place for you to learn reading patterns...Reading Patterns
    Just do not give up; I've had the hardest and most frustrating time learning how to read through crochet patterns but I managed to get there and I am now able to read any pattern!
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. I think everyone has, at one time or another, had trouble understanding a pattern. My problem is that I can read the patterns, but my hands do not always do what they are suppose to. I usually put it down and look at it at a later time. The only two thing I still do not understand is a reverse single crochet and "work left side same as right side but reverse pattern" Still working on those two things. Hopfully that wil change in days to come.