Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

How to post a picture or video on Crochettalk theads

Hey Guys!

I noticed some people having difficulty in posting their photos or videos of their work or don't know how to do it at all. So here are the steps that I do to upload the pics that I have.

1. Upload Your Photos Online. I have joined many sites just to keep my online albums intact. If you don't have one and don't mind sharing it to others, you can make an account and then make a separate folder where all your crochet related photos are stored for easy access. Here are some of the sites you can use - Facebook, Picasa, Flickr, and Photobucket.

2. Copy URL image location of your photo. So once you have uploaded your photo, right click the photo you want to share to the thread and click "Copy Image URL".

3. PASTE your image URL on thread or post.
    Now if you don't know where to paste it, just follow this instruction.

Go to "quick reply" and you will be brought to the "your message" box. Then on the top of the place where you type your message - you will see icons underneathe the "fonts" and"sizes" Now click the icon that looks like a square with a tree. If you hover your arrow on it, it says "Insert Image." Click that and another pop up box appears and thats where you paste your URL.

If you preview your post, you will then see that the photo that you want to be displayed will appear!

A word of caution though, when you upload photos try to make sure that you you set the size of your photo to "web image" size only.

How to post a picture or video on Crochettalk theads

Hope this helps those who wonder how to put photos on their posts.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Kai...I just added mine as attachments but it's very nice of you to have explained it's just I did not upload my photos online so I had to get it direct from my PC. I am sure it will help those that did not know how to...very useful post indeed!
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks dear! I just thought of sharing this. I haven't tried the attachments though. I will try that next time.