Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: Macrame

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Macrame

Hi All
    We were discussing the other day about how some of the home crafts are becoming lost due to no interest by the new generation. Well I have started to Macrame again as well. I used to do a lot in the late 70's and early 80's, but for some reason stopped. Well I am back at it again and enjoy it thoroughly. Its difficult to get the cord but I do have an on line source it anyone is interested.

2. Likes CarolMarie, Carynjoyb liked this post
    My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes please! I made a few items out of macrame too! I love it but I put it aside for now as I don't find enough time to do everything I would like to. I made things like belts and flower pot hangers before...it's been a while now to be honest...years in fact. I have a book that I refer too but books contain only so much information. So I welcome a good link thanks Misty!
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning everyone,
    Here is the macrame link---http://www.free-macrame-patterns.com/macrame-essentials.html. it has been very useful to me hope its the same for you. I have another link for cord too if anyone needs it.

5. Likes little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    oooh I was suggesting to other teachers in my school to revive macrame again. I also want to learn about that. Thanks for the link! I will be visiting that soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning,

I have not done macrame before. You have me very interested. I will also take a look at the link that you have provided.

I love learning new crafts. With my children, right now I have been more focused on things to do with smaller children. If I only had more time in my day!

8. Likes CarolMarie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hate to tell you this, but I don't think it gets any easier. I never seem to have enough time either and I am retired senior, with only a husband at home. So go figure.........Maybe I work a little slower.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday, as I was tidying a drawer, I found a bracelet I made out of macrame knots with some sequins on top; if I manage to get a picture of it, I will post it. It just reminded me how at one time I was very engrossed in it. I might take it up again once my daughter is a bit older and goes to pre-school or to primary.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats great. I have recently made plant hangers, althought my husband gives me a hard time about putting hooks into the ceiling. But plants like ivy, ferns, and others look so nice in the hangers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Misty!
    I used to just love macrame! When i was a teenager it was all the rage!
    I have recently been thinking about it again as i have a frame for a hammock but no hammock. I'd love to get my hands on a good pattern, AND the cord for it. I'll be checking out your link (s).

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to see a photo of your macrame bracelet! I wonder about using something like this to make bracelets with our girl scouts. I have been wanting to do friendship bracelets of some sort with them.