Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: My mom

Post Thanks / Like

My mom

My mom is coming to visit me soon from New York and I’m nervous. The last time I saw her was five years ago before I left her to live with my dad at sixteen. I’m excited to see her and hopefully reconnect with her. I can also give her the blanket I made her so far all she has seen are pictures. Hope all will go good I miss having a mom. We were so close when I was younger. I’m a little nervous to see her I’m sure she has changed a lot though. She also has a boyfriend that I’m going to meet. I don’t know anything about him so I hope he is a good guy.
    Thanks for listening – Sarah
    Happy Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    Even the best relationships with mothers is a trial. I have an 84 year old mother with dementia and it is so difficult to handle her. She was living with me for 18 months and now she is back with my twin sister. The most innocent thing she would do got on my nerves. She tells you something 4 or 5 times and I know you should just listen again and again but it drives you up the wall when it happens all the time. I am a nurse but it is so different when it is your mother and she is losing her mind. My mother married 2 more times after my daddy so I know it is hard to get to know a new man but do it for your mom. They say the hardest relationship that we have is with the same sex parent. I know my son and I almost never have a problem but my daughter and I have to dance around and we have a good relationship. She doesn't like what I do and say more than anyone in my family. Oh well, having a daughter is worth it. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a good relationship with my mom but she got with the wrong crowd. So I just left her when I was living at the house of the people I babysat for. My mom wasn’t home when I packed my stuff from her house and I just left. I have always felt bad for that, for two and a half years I didn’t even talk to her. A while after we started talking again she attempted to commit suicide because of her boyfriend at the time. So I’m a little worried.
    Happy Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    Saying some prayers for you and your situation! Hope all goes well for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you and I hope it does also.
    Happy Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    Sarah, I wish I could help you out somehow. My relationship with my mother was a complete nightmare so I can't offer any advice, but I can and will say prayers for all of you! I would imagine that they are nervous about getting together as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah i think so and thank you
    Happy Crocheting

8. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I told you that we all have issues with our Mamas. I too will pray for you for patience and don't let her push your buttons. Easy to say hard to do.

10. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too will pray for you Sarah! I have always had a very good relationship with my Mom, so I can't imagine what you must be going through! But I can feel your pain through you postings! My thoughts are with you!

12. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sarah, I just lost my mom in Aug. But.. we did not have a relationship at all. She left when I was 12. We were in touch some. Mainly because of my oldest sister. She always had other people in her life. I always felt sorry for her. I hope all goes well. Just remember to do whats best for you. I always waited for the real mom to come back for me. Really Hard. Hang tough! Remember we are all here for you even when we are miles away.
    Love and prayers
    Billie