Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Neighbours

Post Thanks / Like

Neighbours

I have such wonderful neighbours!! I fractured my ankle 3 wks ago and still cannot walk right. My husband needed to split down a 50ft oak tree and a 50ft pine tree that we had taken down. Seeing as I cannot walk 6 of our neighbours came over and has been helping him all day. They are even taking the wood away for us. How do you say thank you to someone who goes out of their way to be so kind and considerate?!

2. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Roxe Im sorry to hear you were hurt. Im so glad people where you live helped out. Not everywere that happenes.
    Good stiching
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    aww sweet...how about a nice cake?

Post Thanks / Like
    I know how it feels my cousine lives across the street from me and he has started mowing my yard because I have had such a problem with my knees.I din't ask him to he just volunteered. My brother-in-law cut up 10 trees for me. I just have to have help and I try to be thankful. So accept with a loving heart and they will get something out of helping you.

Post Thanks / Like
    When you are on your feet, maybe you could make them a fruit basket. Or if they like homemade banana bread, or something of the sorts. Glad to hear that you have great neighbors!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know that is what I will be doing, baking some goodies. I am already taking orders for my candies and baked goods for the holidays so this will get me in the mood early.
    What says a big thank you from the heart? A heart shaped red velvet cake sounds good.

8. Likes Val, Landon, Erika liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am way ahead of you! lol I have baked lemon meringue pie, lemon pound cake, no bake cookies, chocolate hazelnut cake and many others and I say thanks all the time. I used to pay brother-in-law $50 to mow the yard and now it is mowed free and he does a good job.

10. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about your fracture, Roxe, but what great neighbours you have! Yes, homemade goodies are always welcome!
    Youz all sound like you have great neighours! I do too, a family with 9 kids among them. Second marriage for both of the parents and they are really wonderful people. I have made family jewelry pieces for the moms. One was the great grandmother and I made her a necklace with ALL the birthstones of her family and all grand kids and all the greats too. I love how it turned out and she wore it every Sunday to church. For my neighbour, I made her a grandmother bracelet and she wears it every Sunday to church as well. I made my neighbour some more items I need to get over there!

Post Thanks / Like
    I do all my baking from scratch and twinfaye you just became my new best friend...LOL I absolutely love lemons, I eat them like people eat apples and lemon meringue pie is my most favourite dessert. I much prefer pie over anything else. Whenever I need something done and my stepson does it for me he tells me all I have to do is make him a batch of eclairs. Landon, I have always wanted to learn how to make jewelery. Would you mind posting some that you have made? I would like to see them.

Post Thanks / Like
    No, of course I don't mind! Let me see what I can post.