Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

New to Crochet Talk

Hello all! I am new to the site, I'm looking forward to meeting new friends and learning some new ideas, tricks of the trade with crocheting. I've been crocheting for many more years than I care to admit. I'm learning to knit as well, but when I get frustrated with knitting I fall back in my comfort zone with a crochet project. So please let me know what I've been missing. I'm excited to find this site.

Barby Sue

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, BarbySue and Welcome!

I am Landon and I am a crocheting newbie! I just love it!
    Do you have pictures of your work, we love pictures!
    Everyone here is very kind and talented!!

I am glad to see you here,
    Happy Crafting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to meet you. I was born in SE Kansas so we were sort of neighbors. hehe! Thanks for the welcome. I have crocheted three afaghans over the last couple of months and can you believe that I did not take one picture of any of them? I'm hoping that the people I gave them to will send me a picture of them with their blankets for me to keep. They all said they would so hopefully I'll get them soon and can post them. I'm learning how to knit and I'm so bad at it that I don't dare post that mess. (laughing). I love to crochet it is so relaxing to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find crocheting to be relaxing as well. I hear you on the mess part, LOL I posted on here somewhere pics of some of my early pieces, I just crack up when I look at them! I keep all my early pieces in a bag and look at them every so often. Reminds me of where I have come from, LOL

I hope you get those pics!

I want to learn how to knit too, I bought a kit from Walmart, it comes with a DVD so hopefully that will help me out, LOL This modern technology is truly amazing!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Barby Sue. It s nice to meet you. I am Larisa. I make thread doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Larisa, I make thread doilies and table tops as well. Don't you just love them? I found a pattern to make cupcake holders that are just adorable, thinking about making them for a friend of mine who is always entertaining. Just the cutest things. How long have you been crocheting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Barby Sue. I crochet since 1996. I never stop making doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Nice to meet you and have you with us! There is a lot of great ideas and info here on the site. We love to hear what others are doing in their crochet crafting time! Glad you are here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure you go to the forum and look at the posts under pictures that is where we post most of the pictures of the stuff we have made. Oh sorry, Welcome we really have a great group of women that try to help with any questions on stitches or techniques . I have crocheted for over 40 years and I have learned so many new tricks from this site. I also feel that I have made new friends. Good luck with your pictures if they would email the pictures to you that might get them to you easier.

11. Likes Barbara G. liked this post