Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I'm Mary Ellen

Hi, I'm Mary Ellen.

I knit and crochet, favoring crochet as I'm a fairly new knitter. I generally have at least two, maybe three projects going on at one time - one in the car, one in the bedroom and one in the TV room.

My favorite projects are shawls for myself and baby blankets for the little ones who are baptized in my church. Maine can be a chilly place so these are useful things to make. I've made a few hats, have a scarf in the works, and am crochetting a pair of mittens to match a finished hat and scarf.

I'm 51, single and live with one cat and one rabbit. One of the steps I take at the end of any project is to make sure there are no obvious cat hairs left on or woven into the work before I give it away.

Thanks for reading and good luck on all YOUR projects, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    MaryEllen,

Hello and welcome to the group! It is nice to have you as a member! I am Barbara and live in Oklahoma! Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mary Ellen, welcome to the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome...ha ha are you that good in getting ALL the cat hairs? lol

5. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Mary Ellen from Maine! Welcome!!

I am Landon and am new to crocheting, but I want to learn how to knit too.
    I also live with a kitty cat.
    <<<<His pc is to the left here and his name is Smudge. You have a bunny! I am hearing more and more about people who have bunnies as pets! What is your bunny like? Do your bunny and kitty play together?
    If you have pictures of your work, we'd love to see them!
    I am glad to see you here!

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mary Ellen. I am Larisa. I make thread doileis

Post Thanks / Like
    I knew Landon would love hearing about your animals, she is a sucker for cats but I think she is a soft touch for any animal. Welcome to the site and you seem to be right in the age range for most of us. Ask any questions you might have and we'll try to find the answer. It is interesting that you are single seems that a bunch of us are and living alone. Good luck with your projects.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mary Ellen and welcome! A lot of us have furry babies! In fact, Landon and I plan to get our cats together LOL!!! Glad you joined us!

10. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty good. I make lots of baby blankets using lighter colors and it's fairly easy to find them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon,
    My bunny is all black and his name is Nubby. The cat sometimes comes to the cage and tries to take a swipe at the rabbit through the wires. The rabbit runs away but always seems to hop back for more...it's fun to watch. The cat got into the rabbit cage once. I watched just to see what would happen. Nubby wanted to make baby rabbits and the cat didn't know what to do so I saved her by picking her up and out of the cage. [IMG]"C:\Users\Mary Ellen\Pictures\2008-07 (Jul)\DSC00010.JPG"[/IMG] [IMG]"C:\Users\Mary Ellen\Pictures\2008-08 (Aug)\DSC00016.JPG"[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Hi, Mary Ellen from Maine! Welcome!!

I am Landon and am new to crocheting, but I want to learn how to knit too.
    I also live with a kitty cat.
    <<<<His pc is to the left here and his name is Smudge. You have a bunny! I am hearing more and more about people who have bunnies as pets! What is your bunny like? Do your bunny and kitty play together?
    If you have pictures of your work, we'd love to see them!
    I am glad to see you here!

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

13. Likes Irishjl, Landon liked this post