Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

I have trouble following patterns

Anyone have any suggestions to help me. I was taught the basics in crochet laying in a hospital bed as a child but never really learnt a lot. I am now a Grandma and want to make things for my 4th little baby girl Grandchild but lend up feeling very frustrated with most things I start. They just don't seem to work out. Helpppp Pleaseeee! .

Jad

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome. If you live close to a Michael's they usually have crochet and knitting classes. that might help you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Jad, I am Landon and I am new to crocheting myself. Welcome!!

What pieces are you working on?

I am clueless on reading patterns myself, talk about goobledeeGOOK!!! LOLOL What I did was I bought a book titled: Crocheting for Dummies, lol found it at Half.com which is a great site with loads of items for really reduced prices. Anyway, it is really helping me because it breaks everything down and explains step by step. And it spells out HOW to read crochet patterns!

What are you wanting to make?

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

4. Likes Jad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon has a really good idea. I've been crocheting off and on for 30 years and still have trouble with some patterns. Maybe you could give us what pattern you're working on and where you're having the problem and we could help that way.

6. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well right now I am presently trying to make a flower for a baby headband. I'm actyally not following a pattern, I'm just making it up because the pattern I was trying to do wasn't working for me.

Jad

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You for your quick reply by the way

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,Jad. Patterns can be a pain! Try going to Red Heart.com and look for the beginner patterns. If I might make a suggestion--try a one piece baby afghan that repeats the same sequence of stitches over & over. Also- a heavy Worsted weight yarn with a larger size hook (K or bigger) makes the stitches easier to see even if the pattern calls for finer yarn and small hook. Once you get the "hang of it" you can go back and use what is called for.Please let me know how you do as I am really interested. Keep trying-I am self taught and do quite well now.
    i'malefty

Post Thanks / Like
    How about starting with a square ganny square blanket for the grandchild. Just don't go with real dark colors of yarn as they
    sometimes make it hard to see the stitches. I have that problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome....for this reason I prefere pic patterns; but just what are you having difficulty w/?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is great to have you here with us. Finding a good book to help you is one way to learn. Also, following simple learning videos on crocheting has been very helpful for me in learning. We have all kinds of videos here: Links and Resources