Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Cool new to site: Ciao!

Recently retired (2010) and finally learned how to crochet. After LOTS of simple dishcloths, scarves, cowls, shawls, and now afghans while I learned some basic stitches, I'm just now advancing from Easy to Intermediate projects and some more advanced stitches. Not comfortable yet with clothing that has to be sized, any patterns that require strict counting of stitches/rows or increasing/decreasing, or using double threads/strands. I loved the bobble and crocodile stitches, although they're rather labor intensive. Would LOVE someday to do some experimenting with Free Crocheting and would welcome any advice--especially on fairly easy patterns that look sharp and will build my confidence. In particular, I love the look of knitted cable stitches, but haven't found any crocheted versions that are as texture 'rich.' Any recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and someone on here will be glad to help you find free patterns that meet your needs. I don't know of any right now but the more you use the site the more you will get out of it.

3. Likes VirginiaO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there. I am Larisa. I make only thread doilies

5. Likes VirginiaO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Virginia,

Hello and welcome to the group! It is great to have you here with us. Have you actually done the cable crochet stitch yet? The pictures I have seen look like they have nice texture? Here is an article on how to do the cable stitch. I am not sure if you need this info or not:

Cable Stitch Crochet Instructions | eHow.com

7. Likes VirginiaO liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Virginia and Welcome!!
    I am Landon and I am new to crocheting. I am so glad to see you here!
    If you have pictures of your work, please, feel free to share with us, we love pictures!!
    I am confident that you will get your questions answered, there are lots of experienced crocheters here.

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

9. Likes VirginiaO liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Larisa. Your work is BEAUTIFUL! I'm not sure my lousy eyesight nor arthritic fingers are good enough for such delicate work. I would like to try thread crocheting at some point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Barbi! Thanks for the link. I've bookmarked it to try later. I've done a little crochet cable. When I'm first trying a new stitch, I do a sampler swatch with a very inexpensive, neutral cotton. The best-looking, and by that I mean the one closest to KNIT cable stitch, that I've found so far was a Reversible Cable for a dish cloth: <Treasures Made From Yarn: Reversible Cable Pattern> But I haven't found the deeply textured cable I'm looking for in crochet; but I'm still looking. The internet is so wonderful this way--so much to discover!
    VA

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Landon! I don't have too many 'saved' pics of my work. My laptop's memory is too full (somewhat like myself! heh heh); so, as soon as I can free up some space (clean house, so to speak), I'll try downloading some pics of my early efforts.

13. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Virginia and welcome! So glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Virginia! welcome to the forum!