Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Learning all over again!

Hello, My username is pinklady.
    I am a 2x cancer survivor. I am 22 years remission from breast cancer. Chemo therapy robbed of a great deal of information and memories. My college degree is in Textiles and Clothing...I've spent the last 6 or so years re-teaching myself much of my sewing knowledge. (2nd place State wide Wool contest when I was in college)Now I am expanding to learn more crochet. I've done some hats but not used or followed a specific pattern. I'm looking forward to learning and doing so much more. I consider myself to be a "fearless" person. You gain nothing by NOT trying, smile. My memory dysfunction is a repeticious thing. I can learn something and then forget it, again and again. So I'm pretty busy just learning, doing, and trying all the time. I looked forward to talking to you and making new friends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Pinklady,
    So nice to have you with us. I have also gone through breast cancer treatments and have been in remission for 6 years now.
    Please don't get discouraged by having to relearn things, just be thankful to still be here with us and have the opportunity.

We have so many helpful people here on this site to help each other out with what ever you need, be in how to do a stitch, or pattern questions and pattern finds. Everyone has been so nice to me, I really look forward each day to see what everyone is working on.

Happy stitching,
    Judi G

3. Likes marybethblus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Judi for such a lovely message. If there is one thing that I never leave out of my life is it my grateful heart with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I know who saved me from Stage 3 of 4, Breast cancer. I have also survived a stage 2 facial cancer about 3 years ago. My doctor blew me off for about 4 years on that one. Will continue later, phone call came in.

5. Likes marybethblus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and if you will let us help then you will find that we are very helpful and eager to impart information that we have gained by crocheting for many years or for the newbies that ask the best questions and it helps us remember how to do stitches and patterns that we had forgotten. We care!

7. Likes marybethblus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    pinklady,

Hello and welcome to the group! I am so glad to hear of your cancer being in remission for a long time. I hope that it continues to stay in remission for you much longer! I am also excited to hear that you are taking the time to relearn the art of sewing and crocheting! Enjoy your time here and let us know if you need anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Pinklady!!
    Welcome! I am Landon and I am new to crocheting. Bless your heart, 22 years of remission is HUGELY Fantastic!!

If you have pictures of your work, we would love to see them! I am glad to see you here!

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi pinklady and welcome! That's so great that you are in remission!! There are a lot of tutorials in the form of videos on this site! Maybe you can remember better if you see and hear it being done?? We will help you out whenever you need it! Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi pinklady! welcome to the forum!

God Bless!

Post Thanks / Like
    I went many years and didn't do any crocheting at one point, I too had to learn it all again when I began to get back into it. So don't feel bad Pinklady.

I just wish I had the Internet all those years ago when I was trying to fumble along teaching myself how to crochet from a book in the first place. With all the videos on YouTube and that the different yarn companies have it would be so much easier.

Keep us updated.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome. The more you get into crocheting, the more you will enjoy it. Happy to hear you have been in remission so long.
    Hope you enjoy being with us.