Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Our first Pictures

I finaly got pictures of my daughters first afghan. My baby afghan and Two Gowns.

Can anyone help me not curl my edging on my afghan's? It called for a smaller hook to do the edging, I'm beginning to think I should have used the same size as the planket. I'm out of practice.

Our first Pictures-sept-2012-132-jpgOur first Pictures-sept-2012-130-jpgOur first Pictures-sept-2012-128-jpg

2. Likes libertylady64, WittyKitty, Irishjl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Stacy! Pleased to virtually meet you, I am Landon. I don't know that answer, but I am sure someone will be able to. I love your work! All are beautiful and beautifully made! The dresses are exquisite!!

Some of my pieces curl up on the ends, I don't know if blocking would help that or not.

Happy Crafting!
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    hi stacy, great great job on all of the baby items. i love the dresses. i do not have a problem with curling up, but maybe your tension is too tight, sometimes is your doing a single crochet stitch around a blanket it does that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures of your work! I think they look fabulous! I do think that if your tension is looser, you could have less curling. I also think next time, you can start your fringe or edging with the same size hook and see how it looks and feels. You can always change what you are doing, too. Hope this helps you!

Post Thanks / Like
    They look great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice, thanks for sharing...

Post Thanks / Like
    good job! thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the dresses! I agree, your tension might be a tad tight! Also you may be crocheting too many sc around! Thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually do a "3 ch, sk 1 st, sc in next stitch" edging - that seems to fit best and doesn't make the edge curl. I have done several others but find that this usually fits most items. If you're doing something large like an afghan, etc., you could increase it to 4 or 5 ch. I think it's the skipping one st that keeps it from curling so badly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Stacy, beautiful work. The dresses are exquisite!!! You did a fabulous job. Congratulation!