Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hi everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone

Really new to this forum stuff and just trying to get back into crafts. I do have a question though. Years ago, my mother who is in her 70's, went to Florida for the winter and came back with an easy and very useful pattern. I have searched all over for it and after numerous moves I think I may have lost it. I would like to try it, to see if my hands can handle a crochet hook again.
    The Pattern I'm looking for uses 2 skeins of yarn and makes 2 smaller potholders and 1 large to set your pot or bowl on. It was all single crochet and finished by folding them to make a square.
    If anyone could help I really would appreciate it.
    Thank you Becky

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Becky! It s nice to meet you! I am larisa. Unfortunately I make only doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Becky, welcome to the forum! I don't know a patten like that. someone else might know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the welcome, I don't think I will ever be that good to make doilies, they are so delicate and detailed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Becky,

It is nice to meet you! Glad you are here on the forums! Here is a link to many potholders we have on site - maybe one will be useful for you. I will also keep my eye out for the pattern you are talking about. I will be looking through pot holder crochet patterns here before too long - as I think this will be my next adventure! Enjoy the forums!

http://crochettalk.com/links-resourc...s-day-8-a.html
    Last edited by Barbara G.; 09-03-2012 at 05:36 AM. Reason: adding link! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Becky and welcome! So glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Becky, now all of us will be on lookout for your pattern. If someone doesn't find it I will be very surprised. You have come to a forum that is fun and where you can make a new friend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Becky and welcome. I have many hotpad and potholder books and have never seen a pattern like the one you describe.
    It would be very easy to make without a pattern. Just figure out how big you want the small/large potholders. Say the small is
    6 inches so it would be 6 by 12 with a chain 2 in between the 2- 6 inches Sq's. That ch 2 is your fold over. Then all you have to do
    is slip stitch around the open fold or how ever you want to close. If you are a loose crocheter ch 1 might be what you would use.
    Reason I say ch 2 is you are using 2 strands and I don't know what yarn you are using. Larger one would be same. 10 by 20 or 12 by 24 always with ch 1 or ch2 in between the squares. Hope this helps.

9. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Becky and Welcome!!

I am glad to see you here! Lots of great talent and sweet people here in this forum. I love single crochet, it is very pretty, I think!

Happy Crafting,
    Landon