Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Remodeled home, back porch to dining room.

I thought you might like to see the other project that I finished this year. I closed the back porch in and made into a dining room. When I remodeled the kitchen I found that there was no room for a table and I love to cook and entertain. My Aunt gave me the insulation and I put it in. My brother-in-law was a big help and my twin sister helped a little. The tablecloth that is on the table is the one that my Mother made that won 1st prize at the fair.Remodeled home, back porch to dining room.-remodel-diningroom-002-jpgRemodeled home, back porch to dining room.-remodel-diningroom-001-jpgRemodeled home, back porch to dining room.-remodel-diningroom-004-jpgRemodeled home, back porch to dining room.-remodel-diningroom-006-jpg

2. Likes libertylady64, Irishjl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, you did a really good job! You did it yourself?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, the whole thing was my design and I put in most everything that I could. My brother-in-law did the hard work that I am not able to do but I a to show him how and help with it. We put in the floor, insulation, paneling and trim, lights and I made the curtains. Oh, I had a knee replaced during the finishing of this. Do not do this. I had the other knee replaced during the remodeling of the whole house in 2007. Yes, I don't learn!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! That is impressive! I have made curtains, pillow cases and painted my walls, but that is it for me home remodeling wise, LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Thanks for sharing with us! Nice tablecovering, too!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think tablecloth is the same pattern just a lot bigger than the snowflake table runner on freecrochet.com. Mama doesn't remember making it much less where the pattern came from. dementia is a terrible disease.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job! thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    nice job twinfaye! it will be lovely to see some snow through the window!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good job! Maybe I should hire you for my house! We started it 38 years ago and it still isn't finished! And my husband is a contractor!!

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL you must be familiar with the expression: the cobbler's children had no shoes! I would not have that job I want to do what I think looks good. When I first moved in here I had a contractor and I had bought the house from my Mother so it was not to my tastes. I was in the hospital with a knee replacement and when I got out of the hospital I checked in with him to tell him what fixtures I wanted. He had bought a faucet for the bathroom just like what Mama had and I said you will not pick out any fixtures I am having it remodeled because I don't like what it looks like. I was amazed that other women let him make those decisions. He got the wrong can lights for the kitchen but I found that too late to change. Still get mad when I turn on the lights!