Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Newcomer

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Newcomer

Hi:

My name is May N. and i'm looking for a "special" crochet pattern for a baby blanket. I've never been on a chat line before, so please forgive my inexperience with this. Hello to everyone and I look forward to hearing from you folks.

Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello May and welcome. I'm Jan. Glad you could join us. You didn't say what type of special pattern you were intereted in. You might try crochetpatterncentral.com for one. They have quite a lot of afghan and blanket patterns and a lot of them are for babies. You will find us not only friendly but helpful as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jan for your most appreciated welcome. As for the web site you suggested, it seems that every single time I try to get on one of those sites, it asks for all sorts of info and requires registration. It seems so time-consuming that I find it very frustrating to merely search for a crochet pattern for a baby blanket. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again Jan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello May! Welcome to the Forum. I make only doilies

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!! You can usually visit sites as a visitor and then register after you find the pattern. I don't find registering to be a time consuming thing but I love getting free patterns. I am sure you have tried this site: freecrochet.com but it is where most of my projects come from.

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome; I am sure you will find what you are looking for here....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

We also have some baby blankets resources posted here in the forums. By the way - welcome to the group - it is great to have you here!

http://crochettalk.com/links-resourc...ns-photos.html

We work very hard to provide pictures and links to crochet resources. :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi May and welcome! Hope you find what you want in the above links! If not, let us know! Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jan I get a lot of newletters from the different crochet sites. They have a lot of free patterns, new and older ones you can see. Lion Brand site, Red Heart, etc has baby patterns. Signing up doesn't take long compared to seeing all the free patterns. I print out quite a few to use now and later. You don't have to use their yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ditto what Jewels says. lol