Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Something other than crocheting - flowers

Something other than crocheting - flowers-003-jpgSomething other than crocheting - flowers-002-jpgSomething other than crocheting - flowers-004-jpgSomething other than crocheting - flowers-flowerbox-003-jpgI thought you might like to see the flowers I planted in front of my home. I made a flowerboxfor the front window out of little buckets I got from Target for $1 each. The home started as a one room school house. My grandfather owned the land and he built the schoolhouse as a gift to the area. It was built in the 1930s and remodeled by vaerious families that rented it after the schoolhouse was closed. I lived her as a baby. The last occupant was my Mother and her husband. Mother has dementia so she moved in with my twin sister and I bought the house from her. It is 2 bedrooms and 2 baths and I live in the country. Across the road is my first cousin who lives in the house where my grandparents lived until my grandfather died at 90. Some of you will remember the story of Rip Vanwinkle, My grandfather was Jonah Vanwinkle and my cousin is Rip Vanwinkle. The road I live on is named after my grandfather. Wow, ya'll got a history lesson with the pictures. I know I write a lot but that is one of my hobbies, writing. I have a book written and I can't make up my mind on the ending.

2. Likes billiebob, Val liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am really impressed

4. Likes gmatotwo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice! I live in an apartment and my daughter went to Wal-Mart with me to choose some flowers earlier this year. I wished I had taken some pictures of them. I can't remember that I did at the moment. The heat here has taken a toll on them. I have really missed doing flowers like I used to. They are alot of work some times - but the efforts are very rewarding!

Thanks for sharing - looks very nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, thank you for sharing....all I have left are a couple of June Lilies...Guess what? One FINALLY bloomed....so happy to see yours....

Post Thanks / Like
    Awww, your garden is lovely!! I really like how you have the pots hanging on your home. Thank you for sharing with us!!

XOXO
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    My pleasure but now I have to go to water them. YUCK!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for reminding us that we have lives other than crocheting! Love your flowers! I don't have much of a green thumb, if I have to take care of flowers they will die for sure! But I really appreciate somebody that can grow things! Thanks for the visual holiday!!

10. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love flowers! it looks really nice! thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya'll have made me feel great and I'll even go water today without an attitude or with just a small one! lol

13. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You have a lovely flower garden and that porch looks very inviting. Enjoy your country setting!