Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Frustrated

Post Thanks / Like

Frustrated

I recently started a (knitted) sweater for my granddaughter. The pattern is with about 5-6 different colors at the same time. Well I never attempted anything with more than 3 colors so it was OK to get them twisted around. Try that with a multitude of colors and it is a nightmare on my couch every two rows. Any how, Long winded that I am) decided that I would go to Micheals to purchase wool bobbins which I can remember that my Mom used when we were kids. Drove the 25 minutes to town , as they are not very big it took quite some time looking and asking other coustomers if they knew where I might find this item. Finally gave up and asked one of the girls. She never heard of them, so she asked someone else, I ended up with 4 girls from the store. Micheal's huge store and they don't have it. I said if I wanted to hear that response I would have drove across town and went to Walmart. So I came back home empty handed. Someone told me to try Mary Maxim. I found them there and ordered them on line in Canada. So at least now the unwinding will only be for a last now for a few more days. So thank you all for listening to my woos. Nancy

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel your pain! I don't like knitting as much as crocheting but everyone has gone to the store and not found what they need. I went 45 miles and walked over two large stores and didn't find the yarn that I needed so I came back home and ordered it. It took several days but it is here now. Good luck with your project!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nancy,

It is very frustrating when you know what you want and are unable to find it. In a nearby city for us which is maybe 30 minutes away, we have a Michaels and a Hobby Lobby. I usually find what I am looking for more at Hobby Lobby than I do at Michaels. Glad you found what you needed online!

Post Thanks / Like
    I can feel your pain! It is so disappointing when you go into a store and come out with nothing!

Post Thanks / Like
    That would frustrate me too! I am glad you solved it and hope we get to see pics of her colorful sweater?? Hint hint, LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I understand too. I don't know if this will help, but I have a 'thingy' that you put over your finger and it divides seven colours of yarn I believe and it helps w/ the twisting...sorry I don't know the name, and I got mine at Wal-mart...it's like around 3 dollars...might be worth looking into while you wait for your online order...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to everyone. Again you guys are the best.
    I will venture over to Walmart to see what they have. The craft department here is very poorly looked after. I'll look it certainly can't hurt.
    The sweater is very slow going. 2 days and I'm not even half way with up the front. It's one of those projects where you say never again. Nancy

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you found them! It must be a Walmart thing we have three and it is a pain trying to find anything in them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Our Walmarts have a terrible selection. We go to two, Crossville and Sparta but mostly we have to go to Cookeville to Hobby Lobby and Hancock Fabrics - they just cut their yarn selection to almost nothing. Hobby Lobby gets most of my money!

Post Thanks / Like
    I find I can get what I'm looking for on line then at walmart. ours have cut their supply down also.