Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Easy Shawls

Post Thanks / Like

Easy Shawls

One of the things that I gave to my Grandmother and my mom last Christmas was this super easy shawl or stole. This is what I made for them!

Easy Shawls
    Green Shawl for my Grandma

Easy Shawls
    Shawl that I made for my mom

Easy Shawls

Easy Shawls
    Its this long!

The pattern is very simple. Its just Double crochet and chain mesh type. I was able to finish 1 shawl for 1 week! Very happy with this work.

2. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice, quick and easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Wow - I love the look of it! So, it is a simple pattern for the shawl?

Post Thanks / Like
    If I remember correctly its just make a chain as WIDE as you want it to be. The blue one I made according to my mom's specifications. Here's a sample pattern:

Row 1 - Chain as wide as you want it to be.
    Row 2 - Double crochet two chains from hook then dc on each chain until end.
    Row 3 - ch 2, dc, skip 1 sp, ch 1 then *dc on next sp, skip 1 space, ch 1* repeat * until last 2 spaces -- end with 2 dc then turn.
    Row 4 - ch 2, dc, ch 1, *dc on dc space, ch 1* repeat * until last 2 spaces and dc on top of it.
    Row 5 onwards - alternate between row 3 and 4 until you reach the desired length of stole.
    END with last two rows - 2nd to the last row will be all dc and last row will be sc.
    This is just to balance out the look in the beginning.

So it should look like the mesh design in the photo. Just want to note that I used acrylic yarn, variegated, and its RED HEART. I also used a local hook (which until now I haven't figured out the US/UK Conversion sizes). You can probably used whatever hook that you have that will suit your desired length and width. I also took care to do my work VERY LOOSELY. My tension was loose so that the stole has this "stretchy" quality to it. Its a very lightweight stole which is more applicable to my tropical country. My grandma and mom use it during cool rainy season or when they are in an airconditioned room.

HOPE THIS HELPS!

6. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    RenJac1301
    Great, thank you for sharing your pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that you? You are adorable!! Love your blog too, I joined it. The shawls are beautiful! I bet that they loved them! What are you giving them this year?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kaisensei View Post
    One of the things that I gave to my Grandmother and my mom last Christmas was this super easy shawl or stole. This is what I made for them!

Easy Shawls
    Green Shawl for my Grandma

Easy Shawls
    Shawl that I made for my mom

Easy Shawls

Easy Shawls
    Its this long!

The pattern is very simple. Its just Double crochet and chain mesh type. I was able to finish 1 shawl for 1 week! Very happy with this work.
    Great job on the both of them. I love how open and airy they are. Great for down here in Florida !! thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like
    They are beautiful!!

Post Thanks / Like
    very pretty! thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    So pretty oh the shawl too. LOL really nice work, I would love a hat like your picture.