Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Afghan Stitch

Post Thanks / Like

Afghan Stitch

I am really SO new to all of this! However, I would love to find a video tutorial on the crochet afghan stitch. Could anyone tell me how to go about this? Please!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Try going to youtube and typing in how to make crochet afghan stitch! That should get some results!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is great to have you here! Enjoy the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello again,

Here is a video which may help you:

5. Likes nothingnowhere liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Elaine and welcome. I'm Jan. Glad you could join us. You will find that not only are we friendly but we are helpful also. Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you SO much!! This Tunisian stitch appears to be just what I am looking for. Actually, I have a first cousin who is an excellent crocheter/knitter/needle work person. About 30 years she suffered a brain aneurism but survived all odds. She was eventually able to bring back her crocheting (not knitting) skills. She is now 75 years old and has had a bit of a relapse. She wants SO desperately to be able to make a baby blanket that she crocheted and then cross-stitched animals on. She just can NOT get the afghan stitch square to come back to her and I am now trying desperately to duplicate it for her. I believe this just may be the answer to our prayers. Thank you for your help!

8. Likes Barbara G., Maryjane, nothingnowhere liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Elaine! What an inspiring story!! We will do all we can to help you with this quest! It takes a very special person to do what you are doing! We need more people like you in this world!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's sweet of you to say. My cousin had a twin (boy) who died at age 42. The three of us grew up together more like brother and sisters. Family actually called us "The Triplets." She is so special to me I would do anything in the world for her.