Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Hi From Grape401

Hello all,
    I am new to this site and just wanted to let you know a little about me. My husband and I have been married 28yrs in May this year. We found out on Oct. 2012 that he has ALS aka Lou Gehrig's decease. So I started to crochet again just for something to keep me sane. It's an awful decease and I can't stand to watch him struggle. This is a man who worked everyday for 32 years and went to the gym everyday. He used to have 22 inch arms and now I can put one hand around them. We have two grown daughters Sarah & Cassandra. Cassandra is having a baby in Feb. 2013. I pray everyday for this decease to slow down so he can hold this baby. Ok I am sure I have talked to much. Just felt this was a way to fent as well as meet new friends. Thanks for listening!!

Nice to meet you all,
    Theresa aka grape401

Post Thanks / Like
    Grape Theresa...I am so sorry about your hubby...I wish you the very best. Welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome! My heart goes out to you and your husband! I am a nurse and have seen several cases of ALS but I could go home after 8 hours! We are a friendly and compassiant group! Feel free to vent whenever you need too! And let us know if there is anything we can do! So glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Theresa, welcome to the forum! sending thoughts and prayers your way...God Bless!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Thank you for joining us! We are glad you are here! Our thoughts and prayers are with you in your situation. Let us know if you need anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Theresa! It s nice to meet you! I am Larisa. I wish your husband good health

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Theresa and welcome to the group. I'm Jan. Glad you could join us. I'm sorry about your husband but with God's Mercy he will be able to hold his grandchild. You will find that not only are we friendly and helpful, we are also compassionate and if you need to vent, no problem. We all do at some time or other. Pls come to think of us as your second family and have fun while you are here. God Bless you and your family