Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

YAY! I'm celebrating!

Here where I live school starts in just one more week! I am so excited that my little devils ---oh I mean darling Grandson's will be starting back to school the 20th! I can have more time to clean and enjoy the cleaniness and crochet (until 3pm) durring the week! True I will still have my lil yankie Grand daughter until Sept. but she is easily amused with her Ipod and my computer. She I will miss she likes to bake!

Post Thanks / Like
    school starts here the 20 also.. enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Shel,

Our public school system starts on the 16th. We home school, so my kids will just be getting back into the routine of things.

Post Thanks / Like
    We all know it or feel it, we love them and can't wait til the leave.....ha ha Glad you have time to crochet until 3 anyways...lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh how I wish school started on the 20th here... I have to wait until September 4th to send my kids off...It is so not coming fast enough lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Shel,

Our public school system starts on the 16th. We home school, so my kids will just be getting back into the routine of things.
    Wow.. good for you! No way I could do that and keep them sane at the same time.. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    My daughter is a teacher and school doesn't start until Sept. 5! I have the opposite problem-I babysit for 2 of my grandchildren during the school year! I celebrate at the start of summer vacation! I love them dearly, but I love coming home each day to the peace and quiet!!

8. Likes nothingnowhere liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I soooo miss the days of peace and quiet! LOL I have mine 24/7 I live with my daughter and her kids and her boyfriend. They all look to me as the "Mom" I thought I was done years ago!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good I'm not the only one who felt like I was 'done'. Not done in the sense that I don't love having her around but done in the sense she's an adult now and I get to do things "I LIKE" and not feel guilty about sneeking in some time for me to crochet...cool

Post Thanks / Like
    Adult children "back" with parents seems to be a sign of these turbulent times. Everyone I know with adult children/grandchildren is helping to support them. In one case, two adult kids AND their kids moved back in with grandma and grandpa, neither of whom is in good health. In another, my friend is paying the mortgage because his daughter can't and he doesn't want to see the grandkids out on the street.

It very sad and turning "golden years" into tarnished times.