Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hello!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello!

Hello, All....I am from Monroe, MI. I am a self-taught crocheter, mainly from the internet and crochet books. I have been crocheting nearly three years, now and hope I can keep going for the rest of my life. I love the creativity, the challenges of getting the yarn to do what you want to produce the perfect crocheted pieces.

I sold my crocheted creations in a retail store but the store has since closed. So now, I volunteer most of my time and materials and creations to a shelter for rescued animals, in Wyandotte, Mi. and I also crochet bears for the "Mother Bear Project". I am also hoping to start my own charity bear projects...but with college classes starting back up for me, and me changing majors agian, crocheting may have to take a back seat for a while!! Darn it!!

Happy crocheting...and as I always say, "crochet everyday"!! I have also put up the link to facebook page for my crocheted creations!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum! I make thread doilies. I like to make complicated ones -- Larisa

3. Likes susie's darn yarn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susie, welcome to the forum!

5. Likes susie's darn yarn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome.. It's good to see how you use your talent. I am teaching my two daughters to crochet so they can take it with them when they go to college. crocheting a talent that never goes away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Susie and welcome to the group. I'm Jan. Glad you could join us. We are not only friendly, but we are helpful also. Have fun.

8. Likes susie's darn yarn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks...for the warm welcomes!!!

Thank you for the warm welcomes! I appreciate it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Suzie and welcome! What do you crochet? I like that you volunteer for such worthy causes! So glad you joined us!

11. Likes susie's darn yarn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is nice to meet you and have you with us on site!

Can you tell us more about the Mother Bear Project?

Post Thanks / Like

Mother Bear Project

It is a program, where you send this woman, $5 for the pattern and the S&H of your first bear, that you either corchet or knit! The bears are sent to children in Africa, that are suffering or have suffered a loss because of AIDS/HIV. Before they are sent to Africa, a staff working for Amy, sews red hearts to the bears...so every child that receives one, knows someone cares for them!!! I have made three bears since May along w/my many other projects that I have in the works. You can view my "mother bear project" bears on my facebook page...Crochet-Susie's Darn Yarn. It is so worth it!!!

The website for the bears: Mother Bear Project

14. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet...afghans, manghans, baby afghans, cat-toys (most mine but some other ppl patterns), chapstick holders, baby cocoon and hat sets, bags of all sizes, bears, dog-toys, stockings and ornaments (Christmas), pot-holders, dish cloths, tawashi's, wine gift bags, wine glass markers, and just about anything I put my mind, too!!! Thanks for asking and how bout you? what do you like to crochet?