Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

What Is Your Current Project?

I am working on a series of afghans, one for each holiday. I have been at it for years because I set it aside for several years but I am resuming the project again. So far I have manages an American flag (though it only has 30 some odd stars), a St Patrick's day afghan made of white granny squares with a green border and a green shamrock sewn into the center, a Christmas granny afghan that is Santa faces with rolly-poly eyes and a Halloween afghan stitch blanket that is orange black and white. It has a witch on the center panel and little ghosts along the side panels. I will try to post pictures later this week. I would love if any of you have any holiday patterns to share.

2. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! One for each holiday? That's really something. I would love to see your current project. Mine is so small that its embarrassing! hihi. Would love to see what you are working on. Maybe I can "borrow" the idea in the future to give to my students.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm...that is an intersting idea of doing the holidays like that! I think that gives me the idea of just making four afghans - one for each season!! I need some for my couch and for my bed. Thanks for that idea. However, to answer your question, the afghan I'm currently working on is a Christmas one using leftover yarn from other projects. I like to do patterns with alternating colors, and this one also has a multi-colored thread that I incorporated throughout. I'm basically finished; it just needs the loose threads to be sewn in and then the edges completed.

5. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Theresa, what a great idea, i can't wait to see the pix!

Post Thanks / Like
    What Is Your Current Project? What Is Your Current Project? What Is Your Current Project?

This is one of my current projects that I'm doing. Its a red beret (again! lol. Yes I love making berets.. plus its a great gift item to my friends!). I started this last March but I forgot about it due to my busy schedule. I only found it again recently (last week) and picked up from where I left and hopefully will be done within the week. Its a very simple pattern and if anyone is interested just let me know and I can share this pattern with you guys! I really prefer making small crochet projects so that I can finish it with the short available time that I have. I really haven't tried or aspired making an afghan. Maybe coz its not ideal here in our country coz we are a tropical / hot and humid country.

8. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My current project is some tiny dolls and clothes for my granddaughter. She seems to appreciate things like that and recently I've been teaching her some crocheting. Neither of my daughters were interested but maybe she will be.

10. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kaisensei,

I'm also from the Philippines, and it feels great to find you here! I'm interested in your pattern, however, I have one suggestion. Maybe you can make your berets with cotton yarns so it will be more appropriate for the local setting? I've done my wearable projects using acrylic yarn but using mesh patterns so that they won't feel hot on the skin. I've created a poncho, a kufi hat and a scarf using cotton yarns and when I wear them, it feels comfortable so maybe you can adapt that with your beret. Btw, don't forget to share me your pattern okay? Thanks!

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    To be honest I would love to start little crochet hearts to make keychains but I never find the time to begin them! My daughter just got a cold and she is poorly and only wants me to hold her.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Great ideas!

I have never thought about little hearts for a key chain. This might be a simple project to do with my scouts, when they get a little older. I have third grade girls right now.

I also like to other ideas in this thread. My current "project" is practicing my stitches! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    A filet angel afhgan, a shrug for my daughter, and some hats for my granddaughter that is due in December. She already has a butterfly afghan and a dragonfly afghan that I have crocheted for her. When I get tired of one, I switch off to another.