Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: hello

Post Thanks / Like

Post hello

hello i have trouble when i get to the end and turn when it says chain 2 is now the first chain on the row which stich do i go in that same one or the next one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is nice to meet you! Usually, you will skip the first one but this all depends on your pattern instructions.

For example, the hat I was working on said to chain 2, then place hook through third stitch from hook. Hope this make sense. If you would like to post the particular instructions on your pattern (short snipet) maybe we can help you further.

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome...think of your chain two as your first stich for your next row...I will try and explain it w/ the pattern I am working on; I want 32 dc; so I chain 32 (end of my row) but I add three more chain (for my first double crochet) and place my first dc in fifth chain from hook, (or how I look at it in chain 31), hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome! Your pattern will usually tell you where to do the first stitch. You can always mark the 1st stitch with a small pin so you will know where the 1 st is! Glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi onic, welcome to the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello onic and welcome. I'm Jan. Glad you could join us. As you have found out, we are not only friendly, but helpful as well. Have fun.