Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Thread: chp

Post Thanks / Like

Smile chp

hello everyone and happy thanksgiving to everone. iv been crochetting scince foever. i learned by watching my older sister do a scarf for the head .it was an assigned to her in home econ in high school . she hated it and i fell in love with it. ever since then i taught myself to read instrutions. now im trying to sell some of my projects . i dont know what im doing wrong but i havent had any luck. someone tell me what im doing wrong. i picked this charity because i want to do service to my higher power and help those little premies at the same time. thanks for letting me be a member chp

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi There
    A warm welcome to Crochet Talk. We are so happy to have new members join. There are so many ideas that float around and information, there is something for everyone. As far as selling your work, I think that if you have local flea markets or such, that would be a good idea and on line I think we have members that sell on the Etsy site. Good luck and keep posting. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    i tried flee markets but they dont want to pay what im asking i woek hard on these projects i cant give them away for little because the pattern and espiesaly the yarn are so darn expesive and shipping and handleing are sky high however i just received three orders for projects so im hopping things will pickup . thanks for replying chp

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi chp!
    Welcome. Word of mouth and referrals hopefully will help. It's true that for the time and materials you put into them you can't sell your work to people who don't understand the value of a handmade item over a cheaply produced machine made one. I know there are people out there that do though so keep plugging!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the support like the saying goes im dancing as fast as i can haha chp

Post Thanks / Like
    Chp,

Welcome to the group! We do have several members who sell. I personally have not gotten that far. My projects are just a hobby right now.

So, where are you from? I am from Oklahoma. I have crocheted for not sure how many years. I did take a break from it when my kids came. Recently came back to it and this group has been a BIG part of the inspiration to start again! Nice to have you.

Post Thanks / Like
    hey barbi thanks for replying im from the cajun state of louisiana . howerver only 8 parishes are desinated as cajun , im in evageline parish gotto go but i.ll be back mona chapman

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mona
    So glad you joined our forum. I'm sure you will get lots of help and advise from the other members. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Misty

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

hi Misty thanks for buzzing in Im so happy to come accrose this chat site . Sometimes it get pretty lonely here .My daughter works so I can talk to someone else for a change. She's my only daughter but never wanted to learn any crafts . My oldest ,a so graced me wiyh a grandaughter that is 8 going on 45. She and I do some crafts together . Her Mom is't into crafts either so I have her all to myself . They live just 4 trailors away so you know she is here most of the time after school . I love it . Happy to have found a new friend with my interest .

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey chp,
    Angels seem to be selling on ebay right now so I posted a link to an angel pattern at this link: http://crochettalk.com/buy-sell-trad....html#post1903
    Have you ever thought about selling on eBay?