Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Need Pineapple skirt pattern---Help

My daughter bought a crocheted pineapple full skirt for $35, it fell apart the first time she wore it. ( the store went out a business) Does any one have a pattern? I would like to make her one for Christmas. I have found some patterns on line but they are to fitted around the bottom.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Stacy! I'll see what I find in my travels on the internet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Here is one to look at. I could not find any free ones. This first one is for purchase from Maggies Crochet:

Need Pineapple skirt pattern---Help

Olivia Pineapple Skirt Pattern [GC21106] - $7.99 : Maggie Weldon, Free Crochet Patterns

4. Likes AuntyD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    On Facebook there is a group called Crochet Kindgom they are from Egypt I think. They have many crochet pineapple clothing in their photo albums but they are mostly using a chart with symbols. You need to know how to construct the piece of clothing and interpert the symbols. The symbols are usually the same and English crochet. They have some beautiful stuff there.

Post Thanks / Like
    elann.com has a free pineapple skirt pattern called DEN-M-NIT PINEAPPLE SKIRT that is beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aunty D, have that pattern as a poncho, skirt myself in an older brochure. Lovely item.
    Caution here, do not wash in machine, anytime, anything handmade, it must be laundered by hand, and laid out to dry, never hung. Hope this helps next item you have, and good luck in your venture here, will be a gorgeous item when complete.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, I learned that the hard way on my first Baby gown 13 yrs ago. It shrunk and did not fit. I stoped crocheting for a little, my girls started me back 3 yrs ago when they wanted to do 4-H.

My daughters skirt We never washed it. she put it on for church, and we walked half a block and got two holes. She sat for and hour and got four more holes. The thread was rotted I think. It was sad the one skirt she fell in love with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, I think I'm going to try this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, sad to hear about the condition of the skirt, didn't realize that your child was so young, can be devastating to learn things so early. Also,true that the thread could have been rotten, that does happen sometimes, and perhaps the conditions that it was in before you even had it in your possession could have altered the item as well. Live and learn, lots of us learn the hard way, and it sticks with us forever. Try the skirt pattern, and some fairly decent thread in the process, make it with love and care, should be just fine, the pattern is a very nice one, and would enjoy hearing how your project has turned out when finished.
    Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!