Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

He Saw my Stash Closet

I knew it would happen eventually. I had kept him (my husband of course) out of "my" room. But the other day it happened. He went in the room and saw in the closet (I had forgotten to close the door) where my stash is stored. He will never understand why I have to buy more. There may be a hundred (scared to actually count) or so skeins, but not enough of any color or type to make an afghan or not the right color or type of yarn for a new project. So I'm looking forward to having other crocheters to reach out to.

2. Likes libertylady64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't feel bad at all. Every now and then it happens. We are all 'closet' yarnaholics.

But the saving grace is that we are staying at home with them instead of spending the money hanging out in the bars!
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

4. Likes billiebob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Maybe you could make it one of your goals to start using some of the yarn you have creating some smaller projects. Can you use any of it for special gifts for friends, or family?

6. Likes billiebob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh so right, Im sure if you have read what I just did you'd understand.Welcome to the club.
    Good stiching
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi yarnoholic, welcome to the group!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree you should try using up some of your stash... how about a scrap afghan or several scarves for homeless or maybe some lap afghans for a nursing home. I also have made several gifts for christmas using my stash yarn. Hats and scarfs make great gifts as well... not to mention stuffed animals for children..

Post Thanks / Like
    oh oh..I read that out loud and MY husband overheard...he gave me the LOOK....I have to go use up some yarn....thread...lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yarnoholic View Post
    I knew it would happen eventually. I had kept him (my husband of course) out of "my" room. But the other day it happened. He went in the room and saw in the closet (I had forgotten to close the door) where my stash is stored. He will never understand why I have to buy more. There may be a hundred (scared to actually count) or so skeins, but not enough of any color or type to make an afghan or not the right color or type of yarn for a new project. So I'm looking forward to having other crocheters to reach out to.
    Yes! Welcome to the forums! It is great to have you here on site! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    hi yarnoholic! we can never have enough yarn!!! you can use the yarn up in crochet hats or do some crochet flowers to go on the hats. maybe crochet those cube tissue boxes and do them in a granny square pattern. or do a toilet tissue cover. it depends on how much you got of the yarn. i usually use 2 strands of yarn to make my hats from my scraps of yarn, it makes for some very unique color combinations. happy crocheting!
    Quote Originally Posted by yarnoholic View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks to all who welcomed me.
    With yarn, I usually make lap afghans for a nursing home or hospice. I think I'll try the stuffed animals. I live in Florida and the homeless rarely need hats or scarves. I can donate the animals to a shelter for battered women. They sometimes "escape" in the middle of the night with their children and only the clothes on their backs. I think our sheriff's department also carries stuffed animals in their cars to soothe children involved in accidents, fires, etc. My latest crochet addiction is no. 10 thread. I'm always looking for something different to do with it. I've made some neat coasters, can/bottle cozies, and of course doilies.