Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Preemie Crochet Hat - Finished - Crochet Challenge DURING Olympics

Hello,

As we begin our crochet challenge, I decided that I have never made a hat. They have really intimindated be, but I am finding out that they are really not that hard!

Here are some pictures:

Preemie Crochet Hat - Finished - Crochet Challenge DURING Olympics-100_6312-jpgPreemie Crochet Hat - Finished - Crochet Challenge DURING Olympics-100_6310-jpgPreemie Crochet Hat - Finished - Crochet Challenge DURING Olympics-100_6311-jpg

First of all, it was very hard for me to get started. It was a little frustrating because I was creating something very small in comparison to my fingers!

But, once I got started it was easier to continue on. I really wanted to finish this hat today, but my home and work duties call me. :0)

The best thing is that I am trying something new in crocheting and this is a good thing! I have a really hard time crocheting in the summer. It is very hot outside, but I have made myself sit down to do some crocheting!!

I will post updates as I progress. This hat will have the honeycomb ribbing and I will be doing the brim of the hat in just white.

My daughter has already entered the room several times and asked if I will make her Barbie dolls some hats, her babies, as well as herself!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, my pictures are not very good. I will have better ones to come. Sorry about that!

The funny thing is that in the picture with my huge roll of yarn, you can see the little circle that I had to start with!
    Last edited by Barbara G.; 07-27-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Preemie Crochet Hat - Finished - Crochet Challenge DURING Olympics-100_6314-jpg

Here is another picture which may be better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good job. I also like the bear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billiebob View Post
    Good job. I also like the bear.

How funny! My daughter's bear was on the bed! Did you know what I was using for a crochet marker??? I could not find a safety pin this morning for the life of me! Hmmm....what do I have that I can use???? Ah, a pair of those ear rings that I have been too lazy to wear...that will work just fine!!! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Finished!!! I feel so good! I made the brim and I think it looks great for my first hat!!!

Here are the pictures:

Preemie Crochet Hat - Finished - Crochet Challenge DURING Olympics-100_6317-jpgPreemie Crochet Hat - Finished - Crochet Challenge DURING Olympics-100_6318-jpg

Now on to my next challenge...hmmm I would like to learn to use the knook I bought....I also want to try my hand at making matching booties. I will let you know what I decide!

7. Likes billiebob, Shel, thehippyhooker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    you did a great job barbara g. !!!! i make hats all of the time it seems like. the baby booties are very easy and fast to make as well-- i look foward to seeing them. happy crocheting!

9. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great job Barb!! But we all knew you could do it! Can't wait to see the booties!!!! Don't you love the sense of accomplishment when you finish something you've been dreading? Will we see sweaters soon??!!!! Keep up the good work!

11. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryjane View Post
    Great job Barb!! But we all knew you could do it! Can't wait to see the booties!!!! Don't you love the sense of accomplishment when you finish something you've been dreading? Will we see sweaters soon??!!!! Keep up the good work!
    I did get work on the start of a bootie last night. I have some work to do today - have to work about 4 hours (and go to grocery store) and then see if I have some time to work on the bootie some more today, or late tonight...

Sweaters???? Hmm....could be another "internal fear." I have never really seen myself doing clothing items - will have to see...

I do have a scarf I was working on for my daughter that is half completed, so that will probably be after the booties. Plus, she now wants a matching hat to go with it. Yesterday, she already asked me three or four times!!

13. Likes billiebob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    great job!! a hat was one of my first crochet projects. They really can look intimidating cant they. can't wait to see those booties!

15. Likes Barbara G. liked this post